Golden Gar

Status
Not open for further replies.

Timpon

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Apr 28, 2006
Sydney
Is the golden gar a separate species, or is it a colour morph of one of the other gars.
If so which gars come in this colour?

Agree Dr Sudz. It's a beauty.

HappyFish

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Apr 23, 2006
North Ga.
What has been paid for a yellow or red Fla gar ? I need real world facts here. What are any of you willing to pay ? I have a trip planed the end of this month to try my best to put one in the boat. I have seen them in the wild. I have the ability and the proper geer to find, catch, and then transport back to my home base. I plan to do this for me, BUT, for the right bucks you just might talk me out of my prize. The place that I will go to do this on this first trip is one of the wildest spots in the whole country. Once that cast net is in the water it will land on a jungle of cypress snags and stumps. Now just think, your in 8 feet of tea collored water, you might get your butt tangled in a net that is stuck to the bottom, and I`m sure that we have seen no less than 20 or so gators over 8 feet long in the last hour near the boat. The crew on the boat is going to shoot some good video but there is not a chance in Hell of one getting their feet wet to help out if things go wrong. Welcome to my life. I plan to have the best gar colection in the world within the next few years. I still need some baby gator gar for my home tank.---HappyFish

davo

Aimara
MFK Member
Jan 9, 2006
England
well all that sounds good. look forward to seeing a vid. you'll need a big tank for the biggest gar collection in the world

rayman45

Team Rayman
MFK Member
Mar 30, 2005
staten island new york
i know jon rare paied like 2k for a golden one last year or year b4..... there is a pic in my gallery of ok and some1 on another site who hasone

Polypterus

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Aug 17, 2005
Detroit
Once that cast net is in the water it will land on a jungle of cypress snags and stumps. Now just think, your in 8 feet of tea collored water, you might get your butt tangled in a net that is stuck to the bottom, and I`m sure that we have seen no less than 20 or so gators over 8 feet long in the last hour near the boat. The crew on the boat is going to shoot some good video but there is not a chance in Hell of one getting their feet wet to help out if things go wrong. Welcome to my life
LOL..... this was just the type of comedy I needed after a hard day in the field :p

Status
Not open for further replies.
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store