Golden ( xanthic ) spotted and Florida, White Tropical, Sunburst Florida,melanistic

Energy

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Dec 4, 2005
Tropical Minnesota
Those white/piebald Trops are on my list of "fish to get before I die" I thought my collection was getting impressive... you shame me...:cry:
Love to see some of yours. Post a pic if you can.
A big +1 for me too. This is a different level of fish keeping.
Thanks.
Very impressive Stan!
Thank you!
WOW! Where do you come across these?!?! Spawn them dammit and sell the babies! U just need a pond and a bunch of mops
I am trying to get them to spawn. I have a ton of natural "mops" - the roots of all those plants go down into the water and form the same thing as spawning mops. I have thought about varying the light cycle and even simulating thunderstorms. I used to have a thunderstorm simulator hooked up last year, the lights flashed in unison with a thunderstorm sound track. It was ran with a special controller and would even replicate strikes on different areas of the aquarium. I thought it was the bomb but my wife got sick of 20 minute thunderstorms in the living room when we would be watching a money.:ROFL:

MonsterMinis

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Apr 28, 2009
Wisconsin
You can see my guys threw my thread titled "Updates" But I was pretty stoked a few weeks ago now I managed to get Scotts big Trops for my collection. I already had a Cuban, 2 floridas, 3longnose... just missing a true spotted and Shorty now ( besides a gator) But I may end up snagging a few more from Scott here if my financials work out ( Hubby put the kibosh on spending any more money of fish unless I sell some things, and i'm currently looking for a new home for my horse :( But that's because kiddo number 2 is otw....) But we just got our intx pool set-up and dumped a bunch of money into filtration ect... and house.. and well you know how life works! lol

annnd ramble end!

Dan F

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Dec 10, 2007
Oregon
Wow....

That is easily the nicest tank I have seen outside of a zoo/public aquarium.

Energy

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Dec 4, 2005
Tropical Minnesota
your setups and stock are 2nd to none, GREAT job
Thanks!

You can see my guys threw my thread titled "Updates" But I was pretty stoked a few weeks ago now I managed to get Scotts big Trops for my collection. I already had a Cuban, 2 floridas, 3longnose... just missing a true spotted and Shorty now ( besides a gator) But I may end up snagging a few more from Scott here if my financials work out ( Hubby put the kibosh on spending any more money of fish unless I sell some things, and i'm currently looking for a new home for my horse :( But that's because kiddo number 2 is otw....) But we just got our intx pool set-up and dumped a bunch of money into filtration ect... and house.. and well you know how life works! lol

annnd ramble end!
Checked it out- Pretty cool!

Wow....

That is easily the nicest tank I have seen outside of a zoo/public aquarium.
Thanks. Wish it was little bigger actually.

sbuse

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jul 1, 2009
IN YOUR HEAD
I am just wondering how you got them mostly ray free shots? I am gonna hit you up with some Q's once I move. Thinking of changing my 10'x10' into a 15'x 10'/12'. Since you got yours like that. Looking at yours actually made me want to go bigger. It is a lot different typing numbers and looking at them in use and seeing what the dims look like.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

Energy

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Dec 4, 2005
Tropical Minnesota
I am just wondering how you got them mostly ray free shots? I am gonna hit you up with some Q's once I move. Thinking of changing my 10'x10' into a 15'x 10'/12'. Since you got yours like that. Looking at yours actually made me want to go bigger. It is a lot different typing numbers and looking at them in use and seeing what the dims look like.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using MonsterAquariaNetwork App
Personally- wish I would have went bigger.

crappiekeeper

Gambusia
MFK Member
Jun 19, 2012
The land of the pine
Thanks!

You would be surprised how hard it is to get a shot of a black gar in a dark(er) tank. In fact it's almost invisible at times. It can sit right up front of the tank and It's hard to find. Out in the wild they must just dissapear.

FYI- The plants continually change. One will begin to take over and then I have to trim it back. Then a different one will do the same thing. The system is continually ebbing and flowing for plant stock.

Thanks!
The melanistic gar actually really stick out in the wild. I've seen two melanistic long nose In a river near me, and they are easy to spot.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store