Good plecos for planted tanks

TaratronVaeVictus

Candiru
MFK Member
Sep 17, 2005
Peoria, AZ, USA
Get some farlowella/twig cats. They do a pretty good job.

PhysicsDude

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Aug 18, 2011
Dallas, TX
I've had good luck with Farlowella cats, and they're pretty cool looking.

If you have Plecos, you should have some good sized pieces of real drift wood in the tank. I've read that Plecos actually eat some of the wood and it helps them get certain minerals, and it will probably help them from being aggressive towards other tank mates, as they're usually just suck on their driftwood when they're not feeding.

Smithmode

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
May 11, 2014
Washington
Yeah I have a couple pieces in now and will be adding probably 3 more pieces if I can't find a big one lol. Also gonna add some caves for my plecos when I get them. Right now I'm leaning toward 4 small ones.(male and female) since I'm kind of worried if I get l200s they will eat my plants. I'm also trying to avoid really big plecos if they grow fast

Mr Pleco

Piranha
MFK Member
Mar 18, 2006
West
Tried snails Lol I have 2 loachs
I removed C loaches from my planted tanks as I found they where responsible for punching holes in my sword plant leaves .

Nerite snails are nice they won't over populate your tank. .. They require salt water to breed. They keep plants driftwood glass algae free ..

GL would love yo see pics of your tank.

Sent from my iPhone using MonsterAquariaNetwork app

Smithmode

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
May 11, 2014
Washington
I removed C loaches from my planted tanks as I found they where responsible for punching holes in my sword plant leaves .

Nerite snails are nice they won't over populate your tank. .. They require salt water to breed. They keep plants driftwood glass algae free ..

GL would love yo see pics of your tank.

Sent from my iPhone using MonsterAquariaNetwork app

Im waiting on my shipment of eco complete to come in this week then I will give u some pics on my tank as I beginning this journey lol 😜

HarleyK

Canister Man
Staff member
Global Moderator
MFK Member
Aug 17, 2005
USA
Bristlenose will suck on Echinodorus leaves until they get holes ...

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store