Good plecos for planted tanks

Smithmode

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
May 11, 2014
Washington
Is it ok to just leave it only eco complete....just didn't want the substrate to be to sharp or anything for any fish I may have or get

LS2012

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Feb 24, 2013
Northern NJ
What size tank is this? Do you want a pleco for a purpose or just because you like them? And what else will you have in the tank? I don't think I saw this info in your prior posts. Sorry if I missed it.

I have an adult male L240, vampire pleco in my 110g with SA cichlids and albino BNP in my 40 with juvenile Stomatepia Pindu and Ptychochromis Tarantsy.

The L240 is fat and lazy, but he's gorgeous. He lives in a large piece of driftwood and produces a great deal of waste. I only see him when he's hungry or hopping around the tank at night. The Albino bnp is hyperactive and keeps the wood, substrate and glass spotless. Neither type have ever bothered any of my fish and the fish ignore the plecos.

uploadfromtaptalk1405125383415.jpg

Sent from my Nexus 10 using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

Smithmode

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
May 11, 2014
Washington
What size tank is this? Do you want a pleco for a purpose or just because you like them? And what else will you have in the tank? I don't think I saw this info in your prior posts. Sorry if I missed it.

I have an adult male L240, vampire pleco in my 110g with SA cichlids and albino BNP in my 40 with juvenile Stomatepia Pindu and Ptychochromis Tarantsy.

The L240 is fat and lazy, but he's gorgeous. He lives in a large piece of driftwood and produces a great deal of waste. I only see him when he's hungry or hopping around the tank at night. The Albino bnp is hyperactive and keeps the wood, substrate and glass spotless. Neither type have ever bothered any of my fish and the fish ignore the plecos.

Sent from my Nexus 10 using MonsterAquariaNetwork App
125 gallon. I basically just want a couple. They don't need to be big plecos but ones that won't eat my plants. I'm avoiding bristle nose...just don't want them.

s Bichir
blood parrot
discus (will be adding more)
2 red jewels
1 angelfish (male died I will be replacing him sooner or later)
rainbow shark

ehh

Blue Tier VIP
MFK Member
Aug 30, 2013
New Mexico
I've seen bristle nose plecos eat plants if they have nothing else to eat. I've also seen bristle nose plecos leave hickeys on discus.

Sent from my iPhone using MonsterAquariaNetwork app

Smithmode

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
May 11, 2014
Washington
View attachment 1025168
Please excuse the cloudiness I finally got my eco complete and put it in 1 1/2 hours ago. I ended up adding my fish back early because I lost my angel :( now both of the pair died. Sucks but I will have to replace them.
cant really see much of what I have in but I will take another once it clears up :)

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store