Good reason to support your local fish store!

1eyedbicher

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Nov 5, 2013
west
My LFS has been great to Me ...They know what I like and inform Me when they have something they know I want (gave Me a cal King snake that some one gave them) the nicest thing by far though was when they called Me 6 months ago to tell Me they had a 70 tall (complete ,lights ,filters pumps etc...) that a customer handed in,and since they dont sell used? they gave Me the whole set FOR FREE. That is why I have been a loyal customer for over 20 Years. Amazing customer service!

Evz jardini

Jardini
MFK Member
May 19, 2010
manchester /uk
The manager of the best LFS near me is a mate from back in school days he hooks me up loads :D

Sent from my Nexus 7 using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

slippery slimecoat

Polypterus
MFK Member
Jan 26, 2012
New York
My LFS has been great to Me ...They know what I like and inform Me when they have something they know I want (gave Me a cal King snake that some one gave them) the nicest thing by far though was when they called Me 6 months ago to tell Me they had a 70 tall (complete ,lights ,filters pumps etc...) that a customer handed in,and since they dont sell used? they gave Me the whole set FOR FREE. That is why I have been a loyal customer for over 20 Years. Amazing customer service!
That's a good score!

Good deal! The owner at the lfs here is always hooking me up too.

Sent from my iPhone using MonsterAquariaNetwork app
The manager of the best LFS near me is a mate from back in school days he hooks me up loads :D

Gotta love the friend deals. I've been friends with the owner and workers for close to ten years. Although I get good deals, they still get their share of my money hahaha.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

GeraldOngSL

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Aug 2, 2014
Singapore
My lfs's are bad. I am all about supporting LFS but mine are SOOO overpriced and the workers are very rude. I usually buy my stock online or from contacts

Hahah my dad too had his fair share of bad lfs~ But recently he changed into this ulu fish store and it was a lot better! Hmm and I was thinking wouldn't it be nice to start a thread sharing all your positive experiences with the lfs~ and where are the stores too! So that way these nice and friendly owners get rewarded for their effort too :)

chopsteeks

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Jun 2, 2013
Denver
Sadly my LFS are not too good. One LFS has great selection, great fish but her prices are in the stratosphere level. Likewise the owner is not the friendliest person.

The other LFS down the road, prices are good but bought a few questionable fish. Believe whoever supplies the store sells hybrids. Some of their fish have been given color enhancers too.

So I purchase my fish online. Prices are descent, fish are come from great stock. Customer service, no complaints. Plus they offer 14 day guarantee. They even shipped a few extras every now and then. Shipping cost evens out with fuel cost to LFS.

LuluB916

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Aug 25, 2013
United States
It all depends on the owner to me. If he is a likable person, you will see me more in his or her store and willing to spend. I used to buy from one of my LFS that was getting weekly stocks of predatory fishes. LFS was owned by two men. One of them passed away and was nice to deal with. Every time I was going there, he would come to me and show me his new adds and he knew his stuff. He would give me a couple bucks worth of feeders for free along with each purchase. He also would not charge sales tax and round his prices.
Time has changed since he is gone. That LFS probably get monthly shipments only, and I'm talking just a few fishes here and there. The remaining owner doesn't even greet you and just stay glue to his seat in front of his computer.
I asked him if he could lower the price to his last datnoid that had his dorsal fin and tail nipped and ripped. He just no and walked away. That kinda blew me away when this was the first time I asked for a deal and especially when I spent a lot of money there.

I don't go as often as used to

TripleW

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
May 5, 2012
Iowa
Very nice pick up!

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com