good tank mate for an electric blue acara cichlid?

Jexnell

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Jul 17, 2017
PNW
Other tetras to look at.
Diamond
Bleeding Heart
Black skirts
Black Phantom
Any of the tall bodied ones should work. Smaller ones like Neons and ones shaped like them could end up as snacks.

Hendre

Bawitius
Staff member
MFK Member
Jan 14, 2016
South Africa
Agreed with everyone here! Tetras most definitely seem to make a fit, personal favourites of mine are lemon, penguin and Beunos Aires tetras look wise. A group of 8-12 should put on a good show!

Reactions: tlindsey

Ogertron3000

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Nov 6, 2017
Australia
If you like tetras I used to keep a school of columbian tetras with my EBAs and they got on well and looked cool together.
You might get away with a small group of Bolivian Rams or orange head geos but I personally wouldn't go for the geos in a 55G but would consider 3 or 4 of the Rams.
If you want something unusual maybe some upside down catfish or pictus cats would suit the set up too.
Also I'd keep an eye on the angel and barbs together, it's a combination that really shouldn't work but you may get lucky. Adding another angel would be nice for your existing ones as Angels really are a schooling fish too.

fishhead0103666

Alligator Gar
MFK Member
May 14, 2018
youtu.be
Ok sorry jexnell but I’ll have to disagree with you about black phantoms going with leaf fish. I’ve kept both and I do in fact believe a full grown leaf fish or maybe even my 5 incher could take down a black phantom if it really wanted to.

Reactions: L3CTR0N

bobblehead27

Piranha
MFK Member
Apr 15, 2010
Tampa Area
Ok sorry jexnell but I’ll have to disagree with you about black phantoms going with leaf fish. I’ve kept both and I do in fact believe a full grown leaf fish or maybe even my 5 incher could take down a black phantom if it really wanted to.
Did I miss a post, I don't see where anyone mentioned a leaf fish. There is another thread talking about one mixing with different tetras, did you mix the 2 threads up? Or am I just blind and missed where the OP says he has one

fishhead0103666

Alligator Gar
MFK Member
May 14, 2018
youtu.be
I must have been very tired last night and gotten my threads mixed up, sorry haha.

Reactions: bobblehead27
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store