got a spare $8400.00?

Wiggles92

Dovii
MFK Member
Apr 25, 2009
Pennsylvania
Not that I'm interested,just curious but what would be a decent price for this gar?
$3000-5000 is the price range. There was a thread on the topic of the rarity of this morph last year.

Basically it's what someone would be willing to pay and how bad they wanted it, think about it they may only have 2-5 of them in the world.
There are lakes that are full of this particular morph plus they're now being selectively bred in Asia as well.

Wiggles92

Dovii
MFK Member
Apr 25, 2009
Pennsylvania
Really?! these ppl must not know it, ya think?
wonder why ppl don't catch & market them? assuming it's legal.
I highly doubt that this one is actually legal since it appears to have been caught while fishing. Most states don't take it too lightly when people sell fishes that they caught while fishing under a recreational license although some allow for sales under a certain dollar amount, and this one certainly would fall under the "commercial" category in most places due to the price.

Really? Why do no MFKers have one then?
Actually, a decent number of people on here have had Florida gars like this one, but they tend to not talk about them for security reasons. I mean, would you openly share & update information about a fish that's worth $3000-5000 on the off chance that someone decides to try to steal it?

I know that probably around half a dozen or so have been posted and/or come up for sale in the past year.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store