Green Terror

Greenterrorlover

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Nov 19, 2015
Clean water maybe a little salt. Not the best with experience/advice for helping sick/damaged fish. JD or pops would be much better for you.
I am obsessed with GT, sorry :( I think thats what im going with :). How much salt for a 10 gallon (thats the tank my dwarf gourami is in)

Chockful O Phail

Peacock Bass
MFK Member
Feb 9, 2015
Council Bluffs, IA
I think normally it's 1tsp for 5 gallon, but I believe gouramis aren't too happy with salt so maybe 1tsp for your ten gallon and watch. Be sure to dissolve it in a cup of water and pour it in the tank that way. Again I'm not the best at remembering quantities, I usually search through posts for what others say. You could try posting in the fish health board and they might be able to give better advice.

Reactions: Realsilver

Greenterrorlover

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Nov 19, 2015
Clean water maybe a little salt. Not the best with experience/advice for helping sick/damaged fish. JD or pops would be much better for you.
So far I am getting 1 GT, 5-6 roseline sharks, and maybe another schooling fish? Also maybe a small suckerfish like an otto to clean the glass?

Greenterrorlover

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Nov 19, 2015
Oh and how should I choose my GT? I want to get a young one because 1) It can get use to how im gonna take care of him, 2) Older GT's are super expensive :(

So, how do I choose a baby GT that will grow up to be a big, colorful GT in my 55 gallon? Only one GT and I heard if they are kept 1 GT per tank they will be bigger and more colorful, also I will probably feed mine dried bloodworms, live feeder fish,
Omega One Super Color Cichlid Large Sinking Pellets,
TetraCichlid Cichlid Flakes. I will have driftwood and loads of live plants, maybe even a carpet plant for some area in the tank, (also looking for plants that can grow in/on driftwood) Thanks and hope to hear back soon!

Greenterrorlover

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Nov 19, 2015
I think normally it's 1tsp for 5 gallon, but I believe gouramis aren't too happy with salt so maybe 1tsp for your ten gallon and watch. Be sure to dissolve it in a cup of water and pour it in the tank that way. Again I'm not the best at remembering quantities, I usually search through posts for what others say. You could try posting in the fish health board and they might be able to give better advice.
How big would this air bubbler be?.. http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...ue&ref_=ox_sc_act_title_1&smid=A3UGO1SXBQKN17

any good big air bubblers? Air stone or air bubbler disc?

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store