grey smooth hound shark bobbing his head out of the water during the night???

joonkim1984

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
May 20, 2014
lacey, wa
he is about 17 inches and thats what every tells me but my other eels keep him in check. i think if he was alone maybe. but this tank is a eel tank. i just raise the sharks in them cause its well established tank and bigger guys might eat the little ones in the big tank which is actually at another locatoin. i have a video of it somewhere on my computer. if i can find it ill get it on youtube and post it on here for you guys.

Aw3s0m3

Piranha
MFK Member
May 6, 2012
Over there
he is about 17 inches and thats what every tells me but my other eels keep him in check. i think if he was alone maybe. but this tank is a eel tank. i just raise the sharks in them cause its well established tank and bigger guys might eat the little ones in the big tank which is actually at another locatoin. i have a video of it somewhere on my computer. if i can find it ill get it on youtube and post it on here for you guys.
He's still young than. They get more aggressive as they grow but hopefully yours stays mellow. I hope you find the vid! I'd love to see it!

Sent from my iPhone using MonsterAquariaNetwork app

jpcampbell123

Redtail Catfish
MFK Member
Feb 18, 2011
In the water
very cool tank looks really nice and the blue dot looks really happy and healthy.

how long have you had the blue dot? also too how old is the blue dot? and how did it go with getting him to eat at first? i have heard numerous folks not having a whole lot of luck with the blue dotteds and that the diamond shaped one does better than the other one.

joonkim1984

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
May 20, 2014
lacey, wa
jpcampbell123: i have only had him for a maybe a week. he came to me last friday. he ate the first night i put him in. i usually feed once a week so this saturday ill see. i did put in some formula 2 i think the red ones and my smaller marbled bamboo and my smooth hound ate most of them. my marbled bamboo is SOOOO FAT RIGHT NOW lol having a hard time draggin his belly on the sand floor. smooth hound burns off his food almost over night. ridiculous!

jpcampbell123

Redtail Catfish
MFK Member
Feb 18, 2011
In the water
jpcampbell123: i have only had him for a maybe a week. he came to me last friday. he ate the first night i put him in. i usually feed once a week so this saturday ill see. i did put in some formula 2 i think the red ones and my smaller marbled bamboo and my smooth hound ate most of them. my marbled bamboo is SOOOO FAT RIGHT NOW lol having a hard time draggin his belly on the sand floor. smooth hound burns off his food almost over night. ridiculous!

I am really wanting to do a ray set up down the road probably wont be till I am done with college though. Where did you get the blue dot?

joonkim1984

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
May 20, 2014
lacey, wa
got the ray from online vendor his website is exoticfishcheap.com. they are in texas and he is very good on pricing! i got this ray for 110 bucks plus shipping which was combined with the other shark. did a great job shipping them and ill be ordering alot more from him for sure in the near future! and update the ray at half a silverside and some shrimp... we golden :)

joonkim1984

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
May 20, 2014
lacey, wa
this is my smooth hound stealing from my crab lol crab got a tail slap in the face :)

[video=youtube;GLemmnHtghA]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GLemmnHtghA[/video]

festaedan

Piranha
MFK Member
Jul 25, 2013
Maryland
Very nice sharks guys!
Joon, do the sharks bother or try to eat the shrimps and crabs?

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store