H.carpintis growth thread.

cambrew

Gambusia
MFK Member
Sep 10, 2013
Australia
Here is a picture without the lights on and with the flash, to me it shows its true colors a lot better.
Male carptinis 02-05-14.jpg
I cant see any red, can anyone else?

Male carptinis 02-05-14.jpg

Rivers2k

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Dec 27, 2011
NY
The funny thing is that this little guy was actually used as a feeder when thinning the numbers out and it managed to survive.
Had that happen with a Firemouth it is now the biggest and strongest of the 6 I kept.

cambrew

Gambusia
MFK Member
Sep 10, 2013
Australia
I thought I would put up a pic with my new camera which will definitely show its true colors. He has just gone on 6 months old and approx 14-15cm and 5 1/2" - 5 3/4".
016.JPG

016.JPG

Reactions: Words

cambrew

Gambusia
MFK Member
Sep 10, 2013
Australia
Will do ToeB. The reason why I am doing this is because I could never find any threads which follow a carpintis growth from a wiggler to full grown adult. They are such great fish with awesome personalities and I may even attempt to make a video some time because he has started to get into that large central American cichlid mode where they love to landscape the tank constantly and has made a crater about a foot wide in the middle of the tank.

cambrew

Gambusia
MFK Member
Sep 10, 2013
Australia
Here is another couple of pics at nearly 7 months old now and is starting to beef up a bit now at about 6-1/2".Male carpintis front on 03-06.jpgMale carpintis 03-06.jpg

Male carpintis front on 03-06.jpg

Male carpintis 03-06.jpg

cambrew

Gambusia
MFK Member
Sep 10, 2013
Australia
He was getting hungry so I thought I would get the camera out and make a vid. His growth rate has slowed down a lot in the last couple of months only putting on about 1/2" a month at the most now. I have had no opportunities to measure him for a few months now but would estimate him to be around 8" or a little over now.

[video=youtube;gSom5GKiepY]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gSom5GKiepY&feature=youtu.be[/video]

piscavore pisces

Gambusia
MFK Member
Nov 23, 2005
worldwide
love this thread. he's geting real beefy. please keep us updated out of curiosity what happened to the other fry? used them all as feeders?

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store