Hap. Ruby Greens have malawi bloat

tydus

Piranha
MFK Member
Jul 11, 2007
California
My male and 2 females have bloat and I am so darn sad. They are heavily breathing and have a very fat stomach with white stringy poo. I guess I will have to try my best at helping them. I'll have to do big ass water changes and get some medicine. Any suggestions of getting rid of malawi bloat? I need you african experts to chime in and help. :(:(:(

Scotty

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Nov 14, 2005
George, South Africa
The quickest remedy would be to get antibiotiks as they will work a lot quicker.
Not sure as to what it is you will need.
I hope you are able to save your fish.
Remember too feed with food that has a protein level of less than 35% to be on the safe side.
Feed only 1x per day or better still every second day.
Good luck!:naughty::screwy::ROFL::headbang2:nilly::)

cichlidgirl

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Mar 7, 2008
upstate ny
I have not treated it myself but i have seen many times that you can help the treatments or even cure mild cases by adding in some epsom salts. Not sure of the dosage but should be fairly easy to look up. The epsom salts will act as a laxative and also helps to make the fish feel better with the salt .

tydus

Piranha
MFK Member
Jul 11, 2007
California
Thank you guys so much everyone. Good article Mike. I appreciate it so much. I just did some water changes and added in aquarium salt. Do you guys think aquarium salt will work as epsom salt? If not I will go get espom salt. And the weird part is I found a rotten dead fish in the side of the tank. It was all gooey and slimy. It smelled literally like freaking crap.

tydus

Piranha
MFK Member
Jul 11, 2007
California
Exactly what I was thinking. What do you suggest me to do? There are 4 more fish in there that don't have it and I ain't letting them getting it either.

tydus

Piranha
MFK Member
Jul 11, 2007
California
Thanks bro. I will do tremendous water changes tomorrow and start treating with salt and clout.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store