Has Anybody Installed Windows 10 ?

Warborg

Goliath Tigerfish
MFK Member
Sep 2, 2009
Austin, Texas
I'm back...Dell is not my first choice but it was the cheapest in the store for what the specs were.

Believe it or not I've had really good luck with emachines and would have preferred another one.

I typically leave my puter on 24/7, but I suppose that's not ideal either. Sorry for the dense questions, I'm rather technically challenged. :)
Honestly, you should not leave it on all the time, but I admit I do the same.

darth pike

Peacock Bass
MFK Member
Apr 3, 2008
Korriban
Yes, I shut down my rig every night. I never, ever let a Windows computer go to sleep. Ever. I like my data too much, and am less likely to save it before sleep mode. Where as when I shut it down, I kind of have to save everything first. That way I'm never ticked off at losing stuff I haven't saved when it doesn't come back from sleep mode and you have to reboot.

Shutting it down or at least restarting it does help flush the temp memory and helps borderline machines stay more responsive. Honestly my gaming machine I could probably leave on if I wanted for long periods of time, but being a tech even slight delays annoy me.

Any time I'm leaving the computer for say just a few hours, I just turn both monitors off ( if they are the style with a laptop style adapter then I unplug that from the back of the monitor ). If it's longer, I shut the whole thing down.

I have a solid state drive now, so booting takes less than 10 seconds which helps, but I did do the same shut down thing every night prior to the SSD.

Macs of course don't have these issues, their sleep mode works just fine if you don't mind over paying for one.

No prob RD. I don't mind talking about it here. I can gripe about how horrible Microsoft is, which I can't say to customers when trying to sell them a new one. *lol*

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store