Has Anybody Installed Windows 10 ?

Red Devil

Nice to meet you and welcome to MFK
Staff member
MFK Member
Feb 23, 2006
United states of America
I received notice it is time for me to install windows 10... still a little nervous about it..especially when my PC has been so good with very few problems.. How did this go for you... and what are the advantages..? please elaborate... both good and bad experiences....

pwmin

Peacock Bass
MFK Member
Nov 26, 2007
CO via PA
www.myspace.com
I reserved it for my Lenovo Yoga, but still haven't received notification that my convertible is ready for the upgrade.

Red Devil

Staff member
MFK Member
Feb 23, 2006
United states of America
thanks everyone.. let me know if issues pop up..........

Woefulrelic

Goliath Tigerfish
MFK Member
Dec 7, 2013
NJ
Most issues I've heard of are installation errors, which I think resulted in people messing with the comp or not having enough memory space. In the event that you decide to upgrade, just hit the button and let it do its thing. It will take a bit of time, but it's a nice improvement from the 8 series in my opinion. If you're still rocking windows 7 and don't have a touch screen the update might not seem as impressive.

Reactions: Red Devil

Red Devil

Staff member
MFK Member
Feb 23, 2006
United states of America
thanks for added info.. i am still rocking windows 7.. how do you find out if you have enough memory before installing windows 10.. how much is enough memory...

Woefulrelic

Goliath Tigerfish
MFK Member
Dec 7, 2013
NJ
It's relatively small, I think in the 20 gig area. For most computers and laptops that's quite small, but the crazy tablet faze and those tiny laptops can make things more awkward. Easiest way to see if you have enough space is navigating to the task bar at the bottom left, and clicking the button for computer or my computer. You will see one or more storage types and generally the drive that says "C::" will be your default internal storage. It will says how much space remaining out of max storage size such as 300 gb of 500 remaining. As long as you have 50 gb or so I wouldn't worry in the slightest.

Reactions: Red Devil

Red Devil

Staff member
MFK Member
Feb 23, 2006
United states of America
thanks so much ... very much appreciated! i have 626 GB Free of 911GB ..so i should be good to go

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store