Have some concern's on BD pups or BD in general?

ajsmith235

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jul 19, 2010
Southern Indiana
correct me if im wrong...

you ONLY have a 120gal tank currently... and you have 3marbles that are in it, and now possible 2 black rays??

5rays in a small 120gal is very very small if they are going in there.... i read your getting a 300gal pond going... i hope you have the pond running within the next couple weeks to get it cycled...

i agree with DB lol... I am still relatively new to ray keeping, been keeping them for 8months and i still dont even think about risking thousands of dollars on a ray yet...

I hope it works out for ya buddy.

Gbusiness

Gambusia
MFK Member
Dec 4, 2010
IL
ajsmith235;5012630; said:
correct me if im wrong...

you ONLY have a 120gal tank currently... and you have 3marbles that are in it, and now possible 2 black rays??

5rays in a small 120gal is very very small if they are going in there.... i read your getting a 300gal pond going... i hope you have the pond running within the next couple weeks to get it cycled...

i agree with DB lol... I am still relatively new to ray keeping, been keeping them for 8months and i still dont even think about risking thousands of dollars on a ray yet...

I hope it works out for ya buddy.
That is true aj I do only have a 120g. I don't have any stingrays in the tank yet. I was suppose to get the MM's this past tuesday. But, my guy was to busy to ship them. But, I was fine with that.
I've been doing more research on my indoor pond. I'm going to buy a intex pool 10' x 30", sets up in about 10 mins. Will hold 1,018 gallons of water. I'm going to buy 2 , 1000 watt heaters. I'm going to do a diy sump.
But, your right it is a good idea to get the pool/pond ready for the BD's. I'm planning on setting up the pool this weekend. :naughty:

DB junkie

Gold Tier VIP
MFK Member
Jan 27, 2007
Iowa
IF no rays then what's with the avatar?

Good luck. You're braver then I am.

I'm in like year 5 of keeping rays and I still don't trust black rays in my systems.

It takes a long time to get bugs worked out of filtration. The quickest I've ever been able to do up a tank from scratch is a month and there was still several improvements to be made.

I have a hard time trusting liners. NO way you'de see me put Marbles in one of those pools, let alone black rays.

Then again, how many ray keepers here actually stock thier running tanks with rays instead of buying tanks for the rays they already have?

Gbusiness

Gambusia
MFK Member
Dec 4, 2010
IL
DB junkie;5013592; said:
IF no rays then what's with the avatar?

Good luck. You're braver then I am.

I'm in like year 5 of keeping rays and I still don't trust black rays in my systems.

It takes a long time to get bugs worked out of filtration. The quickest I've ever been able to do up a tank from scratch is a month and there was still several improvements to be made.

I have a hard time trusting liners. NO way you'de see me put Marbles in one of those pools, let alone black rays.

Then again, how many ray keepers here actually stock thier running tanks with rays instead of buying tanks for the rays they already have?
Hey DB,
I went nutt's :nilly: and bought a few ray's from my guy (nate...massaggression) lol! I currently own 2 MM's (male is 7" big spot,female 10"). 2 columbian flower rays (female is 10-11",male 7-8"). 2 black diamond pup's (still with the mother, I'm guessing they'll be under or at 5" mark). So, that's my big female flower as my avatar. :D
I have to put the 2 mm's and 2 flowers in my current tank till the pool is ready. I might go with a smaller one, 8'x30". I'm hoping that the rays will not poke the liner. I may have to put a thicker liner in the pool? Maybe a good size tarp.
My BD's will stay in my tank and maybe the flowers? I am willing to use my MM's as the experiment rays to live in my indoor pool. Once, everything is good I will transfer the flowers and BD's. I'm planning on then using my tank as a nursery. Hopefully my plan will work :naughty:!

DB junkie

Gold Tier VIP
MFK Member
Jan 27, 2007
Iowa
I was just confused as you said you had no rays in the tank yet.

Just seems silly to me to buy BDs and put them in a kiddie pool, but hey to each his own. Then again, EVERYTHING with black and white on it seems to be a "BD" these days. Kinda like the whole Royal Marble thing, but seems people saw through that much easier then the "BD" craze.

I've always wanted a really nice car to drive, but will not pull the trigger till I have a nice garage to keep it in. Kinda pointless to park it in the yard where it can get weathered, vandalized, hailed on etc.

Massive Aggression huh? Again, to each thier own. ;)

Hope it all works out for ya man. :)

Ma12cus504

Candiru
MFK Member
Apr 24, 2007
"Coco City"
Gbusiness;5012915; said:
That is true aj I do only have a 120g. I don't have any stingrays in the tank yet. I was suppose to get the MM's this past tuesday. But, my guy was to busy to ship them. But, I was fine with that.
I've been doing more research on my indoor pond. I'm going to buy a intex pool 10' x 30", sets up in about 10 mins. Will hold 1,018 gallons of water. I'm going to buy 2 , 1000 watt heaters. I'm going to do a diy sump.
But, your right it is a good idea to get the pool/pond ready for the BD's. I'm planning on setting up the pool this weekend. :naughty:
I have been following your thread and noticed two things that are raising red flags.

1. "I was suppose to get the MM this past tuesday, but my guy was too busy to ship."

If you pay for an item. Seller usually ship per arrangement. How can someone say, they are too busy to ship? Bet you , they wasnt too busy taking your money. I also assume they say, you must pay now or something between the line.

2. I would not pay anything upfront and wait 1 month. 9/10 it is a scam. I would pay half or put a deposit. Please be aware that within a "month". Most claim cannot be file. Extended time period will give them time to take your money and run.

I am just giving you a bit of advice since it have happen to me. Dont want to see a fellow mker get scam. :headbang2 IMO.... I smell a scam

Gbusiness

Gambusia
MFK Member
Dec 4, 2010
IL
Ma12cus504;5014055; said:
I have been following your thread and noticed two things that are raising red flags.

1. "I was suppose to get the MM this past tuesday, but my guy was too busy to ship."

If you pay for an item. Seller usually ship per arrangement. How can someone say, they are too busy to ship? Bet you , they wasnt too busy taking your money. I also assume they say, you must pay now or something between the line.

2. I would not pay anything upfront and wait 1 month. 9/10 it is a scam. I would pay half or put a deposit. Please be aware that within a "month". Most claim cannot be file. Extended time period will give them time to take your money and run.

I am just giving you a bit of advice since it have happen to me. Dont want to see a fellow mker get scam. :headbang2 IMO.... I smell a scam
Thanks for the advice Ma. I have videos and pics of the MM's and flowers. Nate (massaggression) is a vendor on piranha fury.
I feel comfortable enough that he will deliver my rays.

Ma12cus504

Candiru
MFK Member
Apr 24, 2007
"Coco City"
Gbusiness;5014113; said:
Thanks for the advice Ma. I have videos and pics of the MM's and flowers. Nate (massaggression) is a vendor on piranha fury.
I feel comfortable enough that he will deliver my rays.
All I can say is do research on Nate via here and yahoo search. I have a run though with him; I am pretty sure there are many others on here have something to say about him too.

Do your research bro. :nilly:

Just Toby

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Apr 22, 2010
Guildford UK
Just make sure that you get the pool cycled fast as the 120gal is probably only just big enough as a filter for this many rays and not a tank for them, they will crash the ph as the water volume is way too small. The ammonia spikes will possibly kill them all.

Db is right you need a month to get the pool ready, don't take delivery of the rays first!

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store