Have some concern's on BD pups or BD in general?

Gbusiness

Gambusia
MFK Member
Dec 4, 2010
IL
I just got some info from Ma about nate (massaggression). How he has been banned and has upset alot of mfk member's? I hope that I don't get shafted. I'm alittle scared now but I don't want to jump to any conclusion's.
I'll try to see how long he is willing to hold my rays. If, I tell him that I am cycling my indoor pool. I think thou, I will take delivery of some of the rays. Just to make sure I actually get them.
I'll post some pics of them when I actually get them.

ajsmith235

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jul 19, 2010
Southern Indiana
sounds WAY to wishy washy to me. and i wouldnt put them in that 10min pop up pool... the liner is very thin, you need a good thick liner so the rays dont barb a hole in it... sounds like you have ALOT of researching to do... gl with the rays in the 120... just curious... what filter do u have on that??

Gbusiness

Gambusia
MFK Member
Dec 4, 2010
IL
ajsmith235;5014563; said:
sounds WAY to wishy washy to me. and i wouldnt put them in that 10min pop up pool... the liner is very thin, you need a good thick liner so the rays dont barb a hole in it... sounds like you have ALOT of researching to do... gl with the rays in the 120... just curious... what filter do u have on that??
I have a xp3 running. I also have a wet dry sump. But, I have to get a more powerful overflow box. I also have a eheim 2227 but its used and I couldn't get it to work. Oh, and a few hobs.
I'll try to figure out how to prevent any possible poking of the liner.

DB junkie

Gold Tier VIP
MFK Member
Jan 27, 2007
Iowa
Hence the reason the "source" was questioned how long ago? The true ray hobbyists here are pretty tight knit. When BD is mentioned there's only a handfull of names associated with the real ones, and most of us know through good and bad experiences which is which.

Advice is priceless....... IF you choose to listen.

Gbusiness

Gambusia
MFK Member
Dec 4, 2010
IL
DB junkie;5015239; said:
Hence the reason the "source" was questioned how long ago? The true ray hobbyists here are pretty tight knit. When BD is mentioned there's only a handfull of names associated with the real ones, and most of us know through good and bad experiences which is which.

Advice is priceless....... IF you choose to listen.
You know what it's on? I am tired of limiting what I can say on mfk about him and his business name (nate ... massaggression). He has been limiting what I can or can not say on here? But, no more.
At the start, I just wanted some marble rays. Then he got some flower rays. I was interested but didn't really want to buy them. But, then no one was buying them so he told me he is hurting for money? So, I felt sorry for him and bought the flowers.
As, far as the BD's goes. One day, he texted me saying that he has a opportunity to get some BD's? But, that he had to come up with $1750 for the following wednesday to get them. He told me that he would give me a good deal on them. He first wanted $650 per pup. I talked him down to $500 per pup. So, that is what I paid for them ($500x2).
One of the BD parent or both, supposely came from mike at H2O. So, I'm hoping that's true because mike has some outstanding BD's. Top Quality!
Before this opportunity came up? I was planning on buying my first black ray or rays off of either trev (vamptrev) or todd (coolmbu).
My ear's are definately OPEN NOW! :WHOA:

Gbusiness

Gambusia
MFK Member
Dec 4, 2010
IL
ajsmith235;5014563; said:
I think I solved my problem about the barb situation and pop up pool? :nilly:
I found a site that is selling a livestock tank(water trough). It is 9' round and 28" tall , made of durable plastic, no sharp edges , one drain plug. Hold's 950 gallons of water. They want $352 plus shipping cost. It's alot more than a pop up pool,lol. But, whole lot cheaper than a 950 gallon aquarium. Who know's what the stand and canopy would cost also?

csx4236

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Jul 25, 2006
USA
Gbusiness;5015369; said:
You know what it's on? I am tired of limiting what I can say on mfk about him and his business name (nate ... massaggression). He has been limiting what I can or can not say on here? But, no more.
At the start, I just wanted some marble rays. Then he got some flower rays. I was interested but didn't really want to buy them. But, then no one was buying them so he told me he is hurting for money? So, I felt sorry for him and bought the flowers.
As, far as the BD's goes. One day, he texted me saying that he has a opportunity to get some BD's? But, that he had to come up with $1750 for the following wednesday to get them. He told me that he would give me a good deal on them. He first wanted $650 per pup. I talked him down to $500 per pup. So, that is what I paid for them ($500x2).
One of the BD parent or both, supposely came from mike at H2O. So, I'm hoping that's true because mike has some outstanding BD's. Top Quality!
Before this opportunity came up? I was planning on buying my first black ray or rays off of either trev (vamptrev) or todd (coolmbu).

Wow so now my name is being thrown in the mix with this deal are you kidding me?

Also you paid 500 each for BD pups and you figured that was ok at the time you didnt have any alarm go off in your head? I am selling real BD for 2000+ each and cheaper BD for 1500+ each? common leo and bd/leo are still twice the price you paid.

I am not saying anything else we all know how this will end soon good luck.

vamptrev

Silver Tier VIP
MFK Member
Apr 23, 2007
Chesterfield MI
Gbusiness;5015369; said:
OMG thats like 7 red flags right there...

if i were u i would tell him forget about the bd's and get u marbles or flowers for the $$ u gave him already. i doubt the bds will ever happen. why would he give u bds for that price when he could easily get 2k per pup?

hope things work out ok. GL

cjfrontlovr

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Feb 10, 2006
denver,nc..
reading this is like a kick in the nuts..homework..homework..nate's reputation has been well earned and it isnt a good one IN MY EXPERIENCE.others have suffered the same fate as i had..i truly hope you can get something for your money..i know they wont be bd's.:(

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store