Have You Bought a Fish But Later Changed Your Mind & Fed It To Your Monster Fish?

FMA4ME

Probation Member
Probation Member
Aug 6, 2013
CA
I haven't changed my mind, but I've had catfish change my mind for me a couple times :D

ballinouttacntrol

Polypterus
MFK Member
Aug 20, 2009
Eugene, Or
Years ago I purchased a mouse to feed to my Rbp's shoal . I felt horrible about it after and disgusted in myself that I would intentionally do that to another poor creature when it did not need to end up torn apart inhumanely by my P's. Since that day , I changed for the better and never fed live again.
I recall your thread about that. I've never gone that far. Nothing they couldn't eat in 2 bites

Sent from my iPhone using MonsterAquariaNetwork app

festaedan

Piranha
MFK Member
Jul 25, 2013
Maryland
If you get sick of the fish, just give it to an lfs. Somone else will probably enjoy the fish. I understand if the fish is so sick or seriously deformed that it would die either way.
I have, however, bought feeders, put them in quarantine, and end up liking them and throwing them in my pond. Mainly the goldfish with cool looking colors lol

Sent from my iPad using MonsterAquariaNetwork app
Haha, I've done this before.

Lepisosteus

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
May 20, 2014
Ontario, Canada
I must admit I've never bought a fish in hopes I'd enjoy but ended up feeding it as it wasn't what I thought. I just couldn't do it. but I'm sure lots of people here have had a fish they bought that they didn't entirely enjoy that ended up being eaten by a tank mate (unitentionally). in other cases fish we really enjoy get eaten as well which in my opinion is just as bad because it could have been avoided with proper housing

Taker

Banned
Aug 6, 2005
Earth
Hahahaha. X2. So taker, what brought up this question? Did you sentence a fish to death cuz you changed your mind?

Even as a piranha keeper I've given fish back to the pet store for no return value instead of feeding them to the Ps. I'm taking like maybe a breeding project gone wrong. I didn't feed the left over mate to the piranhas

https://youtu.be/u2VlUCmOzUE

Taker

Banned
Aug 6, 2005
Earth
One of my Channa Pleuro babies died. Possibly killed by a tank mate that was just there. Ruined my whole Pleuro pack plan or even to sell the pack after my previous tank broke.

Felt like giving up on that tank mate to one of my big Snakeheads. It has become pointless. But I changed my mind. Left it be. No mood to waste money to replace the lost Pleuro either.

It's my fault.

ballinouttacntrol

Polypterus
MFK Member
Aug 20, 2009
Eugene, Or
One of my Channa Pleuro babies died. Possibly killed by a tank mate that was just there. Ruined my whole Pleuro pack plan or even to sell the pack after my previous tank broke.

Felt like giving up on that tank mate to one of my big Snakeheads. It has become pointless. But I changed my mind. Left it be. No mood to waste money to replace the lost Pleuro either.

It's my fault.
I'm sorry, that sucks. Nice feeding vid though. I'm coming over to watch you feed ��

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store