Help high nitrates.

AROS

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Apr 6, 2013
Derry, NH
If it's that high that it clouds your tank multiple successive water changes is the only thing you can do right now to keep your fish healthy and alive. Adding another filter is not going to get rid of nitrate. Get some pothos for help with it they are very cheap.

Sent from my iPhone using MonsterAquariaNetwork app

pshtex

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Nov 8, 2010
united states
your going to need lots of pothos with a florescent light on them all day. this will get out the nitrate much quicker than aquatic plants. deff would recommend a bigger tank. this will help. should prolly do both.

xraycer

Arapaima
MFK Member
Sep 5, 2013
Southern NH USA
No one has asked this, but what IS your water changing schedule?

ChaosBreaker

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Feb 6, 2014
el monte
If there is a petco near ur place. U can go buy a bag of bio stars and put if in ur filter and it will help break down the nitrate and ammonia and put like an aquarium plant in the filter. Then do like a 50% water change. Hopefully that will work and the plant and bio star can break up the nitrite and ammonia

Sent from my iPhone using MonsterAquariaNetwork app

jstehman

Candiru
MFK Member
Feb 23, 2012
Omaha, NE
What is the ppm of nitrate in the tank?

What size is the tank?

When do you do water changes and how much do you change?

Ars you testing ppms after you change water?

How old is the test kit? The lot and date are stamped on the top.

I know lots of questions, but the more info we have the better we can help you

Sent from my SCH-I535 using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

noelsfishland

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Jun 2, 2013
In My Aquarium
Make sure that you are vacuuming the gravel hi organic matter will give you high nitrates you should do it at least once a week if you are feeding heavy or have a lot of dead spots under rocks or wood and like the other people said do a water change of 50% to 75% and make sure to use a good water conditioner prime works well to neutralize nitrate and nitrites

Mr Pleco

Piranha
MFK Member
Mar 18, 2006
West
What do you consider high nitrates? sounds like your tank is cycling ..Ive never heard of nitrates making the water cloudy..?

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store