Help keepin sand substrate clean

E.C.

I'm looking at your soul
MFK Member
Jun 28, 2013
in the Living Water
NiceTank! a powerhead somehow that's away from the sand and that catches the flow of the circulation pump that is also away from the sand. The sand might go damage both you see...

MTBjake

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Dec 12, 2011
Menifee, Ca
Both my 240 and my 135 have plecos and sand substrate, but I have no pleco poop buildup because I use 2 Aqueon circulation pumps in each tank. Both pumps are placed about 12" from the surface and aimed pretty much at the substrate 2ft away.

Sent from my iPhone using MonsterAquariaNetwork app

Skittle

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Aug 26, 2012
PA
Both my 240 and my 135 have plecos and sand substrate, but I have no pleco poop buildup because I use 2 Aqueon circulation pumps in each tank. Both pumps are placed about 12" from the surface and aimed pretty much at the substrate 2ft away.

Thanks very helpful. For the 135, do you have the 1250 gph model? Do you think id need 2 for this tank?

Sent from my iPad using MonsterAquariaNetwork app

MTBjake

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Dec 12, 2011
Menifee, Ca
Thanks very helpful. For the 135, do you have the 1250 gph model? Do you think id need 2 for this tank?

Sent from my iPad using MonsterAquariaNetwork app
I have 2 950s in there. A 1250 would probably work but you may not get the consistency as you would with 2. I also have my sumps return line adding a fair amount of circulation to that tank too.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store