Help Me Convince Parents!

Status
Not open for further replies.

FuriousFish

Piranha
MFK Member
Jan 8, 2012
America
So how are you going to care for all of your fish tanks, 12 bearded dragons and their food, 2 guinea pigs, go to school, and have a part time job? I know how much care and attention goes to keeping my bearded dragon and ONE fish tank. I seriously think you need to evaluate your situation.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using MonsterAquariaNetwork App
You know I sell the baby dragons for profit right? And the money i get goes right back into my animals.

Sent from my iPhone using MonsterAquariaNetwork app

baconmeupscotty

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
May 7, 2013
Kansas
Let me give you my perspective, as a parent. It sounds like you have a handful already and your parents have valid concerns keeping them from saying yes. If you really want this tueg work out a budget and plan for how you're going to acquire/care for it THEN approach your parents. Set up a contract to keep the dragon cages smell free with them that you will honor for a time period before you're allowed to get the lizzard. Coming to them with prepared information and a commitment to animal husbandry shows more responsibility than trying to weasel a yes out of them.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

FuriousFish

Piranha
MFK Member
Jan 8, 2012
America
My parents are being awesome and told me that once i --(1)-- take down my growout tank that means all of the growouts go in the 220 gallon so i can take it down --(2)-- Clean my room up ex. Paint walls, redo carpet (my dad does carpet for a living so that is free except for labor) --(3)-- Not miss the bus --(4)-- and stat on top of my current animal care that I can get one... But I personally will NOT get one until I have the enclosure 100% built and functional. And a really good Idea I had was to put a tank or the guinea pig enclosure on TOP of the tegu enclosure since it is a huge surface area... And it will have a locking mechanism so there is no way for it to escape. Thank you guys for your suggestions! It will most likely be a project this summer for me to do... My buddies over in carpentry prime will be happy to help with the enclosure! (2 of them are reptile enthusiasts!) Can't wait! :D :D

David R

Blue Tier VIP
MFK Member
Apr 26, 2005
New Zealand
If you're 15, how much longer are you planning to live with your parents?

fwprawn

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Jul 29, 2011
New England
ONE pet, 5 pets, OR 12 pets, no matter what they are, they should not smell. You clearly do not have basic animal husbandry down yet, and until you do that, you won't get any support from any of us, NOR your parents.

I won't even touch upon the subject of how healthy the babies you are selling, are, knowing that they are not being kept clean. This is constructive criticism and intended to help you mature, and improve your animal husbandry skills, which will in turn, begin to earn some respect from people around you, and on line.

Khapham_1997

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Aug 18, 2013
My house!!!!!
ONE pet, 5 pets, OR 12 pets, no matter what they are, they should not smell. You clearly do not have basic animal husbandry down yet, and until you do that, you won't get any support from any of us, NOR your parents.

I won't even touch upon the subject of how healthy the babies you are selling, are, knowing that they are not being kept clean. This is constructive criticism and intended to help you mature, and improve your animal husbandry skills, which will in turn, begin to earn some respect from people around you, and on line.
As he said! Saw your youtube channel and vids. You should downgrade your tanks and pets if you wanna to have another one. I feel sorry for those bichirs... Tikinso, Koliba and Ansorgii...

FuriousFish

Piranha
MFK Member
Jan 8, 2012
America

FuriousFish

Piranha
MFK Member
Jan 8, 2012
America
Dude... fish and reptiles arent supposed to smell... sounds like someone needs to do some spot cleaning and water changes...
Fish aren't and mine do not. But reptiles SMELL! Have you ever been near a musk turtle or an iguana? All animals smell some more then others. All smells have eliminated at this point. I am using a cleaning solution i found on a reptile forum and am changing substrate daily.

Aweshade9

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Oct 18, 2012
USA
Fish aren't and mine do not. But reptiles SMELL! Have you ever been near a musk turtle or an iguana? All animals smell some more then others. All smells have eliminated at this point. I am using a cleaning solution i found on a reptile forum and am changing substrate daily.

My beardie never smelled. Only if there was some poop that I didn't see then the poop would smell. But once I smelled it, I would find and spot clean it with lemon juice

Status
Not open for further replies.
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store