Status
Not open for further replies.

Yoimbrian

Dovii
MFK Member
Feb 11, 2013
Twin cities
So here is the problem I have.

Lots of people get fish that don't care for them for life (or treat them poorly so they have a short life).

Right now you have room for a large fish or a large tegu in your parents basement. What about in a few years when you are going off to college? What will you do with the tegu then? It will just be getting to full size then, there isn't a huge demand for full sized ones, and there isn't a dorm out there that would let you have it. Are your parents willing to care for your rtc and tegu for 4 years while you are in college and don't have room for them?

This question doesn't apply just to you, or to young people in general, but I feel it's valid in this situation. Why get a pet that lives 20 years when your life is going to TOTALLY change in 2 years?

Sent from my iPhone using MonsterAquariaNetwork app

Runitis

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Dec 4, 2011
Winnipeg,MB, Canada
They are just upset because i am young and fresher then a water change :D :D :D

I am almost positive that's not why people dislike you. Age doesnt really have to do with it it's just the way you portray yourself over the forums.

You also never stated if you pay the expenses as in electricity and water? That is a crazy amount of water and electricity being used by someone who may not even be paying for it.

Only thing I can recommend is downsizing everything. Get rid of dragons and pigs and fish.

But to me this does seem like a child want more and more and not thinking of the underlining behind it.

Sent from my HTC One using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

FuriousFish

Piranha
MFK Member
Jan 8, 2012
America
So here is the problem I have.

Lots of people get fish that don't care for them for life (or treat them poorly so they have a short life).

Right now you have room for a large fish or a large tegu in your parents basement. What about in a few years when you are going off to college? What will you do with the tegu then? It will just be getting to full size then, there isn't a huge demand for full sized ones, and there isn't a dorm out there that would let you have it. Are your parents willing to care for your rtc and tegu for 4 years while you are in college and don't have room for them?

This question doesn't apply just to you, or to young people in general, but I feel it's valid in this situation. Why get a pet that lives 20 years when your life is going to TOTALLY change in 2 years?

I am going to community college first... Then if i go to a better college I will just not go to a college to far away from the house. And my parents already agreed to care for the guinea pigs and dragons and fish. my mom LOVES those guinea pigs... They live in a custom 5x3 cage for the 2 of them... They are 5 years old. She cares about them more then me :D

CherryBarb.ie

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Feb 18, 2014
Minnesota
So my question and issue is how long have your bearded dragons smelled? I am assuming it isn't an isolated incident. If you are not cleaning up the poop off of them and the cage immediately, you are being very irresponsible. If you did clean them as soon as you saw they were dirty then ignore my comment.

I would wait to get anymore pets if I were you.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

festaedan

Piranha
MFK Member
Jul 25, 2013
Maryland
You are really lucky. When i asked my dad for a 180 he just laughed. I cant imagine what he'd do if I asked for a tegu.If you really want a tegu you have to show your parents that you can handle it. If I never took care of my art teachers reef tank while he was on vacation I would've never gotten my ow reef.
They are just upset because i am young and fresher then a water change :D :D :D

:ROFL::ROFL::ROFL:

convict360

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Dec 9, 2013
Scotland
So my question and issue is how long have your bearded dragons smelled? I am assuming it isn't an isolated incident. If you are not cleaning up the poop off of them and the cage immediately, you are being very irresponsible. If you did clean them as soon as you saw they were dirty then ignore my comment.

I would wait to get anymore pets if I were you.

We have the same phone, high five!

JK Monster Fish

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jun 28, 2012
socal
I think that if u want the tegu more than another animal/fish tank you have then make a deal to sell the animal/fishtank to get a tegu. I love my columbian tegu, they don't get as big as most and mine is probably the best animal I have ever kept ^^ good luck

Forester

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Mar 20, 2011
Silver Spring Maryland
Yeah, I know what it feels like to be looked down on for being a kid, so I try my best not to do the same.
I'm only 13 and started in my local club at age 9 and until people put a face to my screen name many thought that I was an adult. You don't get looked down on for being a kid; you get looked down on for acting like one. Hence being irresponsible, having FISH TOO BIG TO KEEP without a huge tank, constantly changing stock, and being disrespectful.

Sent from my iPod touch using MonsterAquariaNetwork app

Status
Not open for further replies.
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store