Help Me Convince Parents!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Aweshade9

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Oct 18, 2012
USA
To convince your parent, keep your current animals without losing or getting new ones (besides your RTC) for a year. When you constantly change animals and getting new ones or lose fish, it show lack of commitment. So stay constant for about a year.

FuriousFish

Piranha
MFK Member
Jan 8, 2012
America
To convince your parent, keep your current animals without losing or getting new ones (besides your RTC) for a year. When you constantly change animals and getting new ones or lose fish, it show lack of commitment. So stay constant for about a year.
Thanks for the nice comments and not being a total jerk like some of the other members. Like for real. They could at least post their opinions NICELY. But thanks for the suggestion! The beardies have bern cleaned and their reptile carpet is drying!

Sent from my iPhone using MonsterAquariaNetwork app

Aweshade9

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Oct 18, 2012
USA
Thanks for the nice comments and not being a total jerk like some of the other members. Like for real. They could at least post their opinions NICELY. But thanks for the suggestion! The beardies have bern cleaned and their reptile carpet is drying!

Yeah, I know what it feels like to be looked down on for being a kid, so I try my best not to do the same.

divemaster99

Dovii
MFK Member
Jan 10, 2014
Pittsburgh, PA
My tanks have NO smell whatsoever. The one time my 30 smelled like rotten corn I did a big change a it went back to normal. I wouldn't mind smell as long as it wasn't from bad things (which it is a lot of times). Just do a bunch of water changes, I used to do my two tanks on separate days (annoying) but now I do them right after each other as a weekly tradition and it's so much easier. Not that I'm saying you don't do that, I just don't know.

FuriousFish

Piranha
MFK Member
Jan 8, 2012
America

Aweshade9

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Oct 18, 2012
USA
My tanks have NO smell whatsoever. The one time my 30 smelled like rotten corn I did a big change a it went back to normal. I wouldn't mind smell as long as it wasn't from bad things (which it is a lot of times). Just do a bunch of water changes, I used to do my two tanks on separate days (annoying) but now I do them right after each other as a weekly tradition and it's so much easier. Not that I'm saying you don't do that, I just don't know.
he said it was the dragons

FuriousFish

Piranha
MFK Member
Jan 8, 2012
America
It was algae... Algae smells BAD! I scrub it off the best i can... At least i think it is algae... I know algae has a smell... When i scrubbed 2 years worth of algae off of a used 10 gallon tank i gagged and had to step outside.
But that problem is solved, now it is just dragons and guinea pigs...

Aweshade9

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Oct 18, 2012
USA

spiff44

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Dec 20, 2007
Midwest
Kinda agree about getting what you have under control......but..

You can always do what I did when I was in your shoes.... just get it and tell them its a nice small gecko or skink or something. About time it gets big they might not notice, too late anyways. I pulled that off with a Burmese python. (Gee, look how big my rat snake that I caught in the woods is getting Mom!)

Sorry to suggest lying to your parents, your parents seem really cool to have let you already have what you have. I had to lie to mine to get or do anything my whole life.... so totally different perspective over here.

ABigFish

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Feb 7, 2014
Ohio
I keep reptiles and tanks and my reptile room does have a sort of earthy smell to it but it's not bad whatsoever. But my Colombian tegu is in a 9'x4'x3' so if you have the space and money for a cage that size along with lighting and the massive amount of food they can put down then you should be fine. Personally I would see about trading the guinea pigs to someone who keeps large constrictors as food and he may set you up with the lizard or some of it's required materials

Status
Not open for further replies.
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store