Help me keep my ALANTIC STINGRAY long live and happy!

Gr8KarmaSF

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
MFK Member
Jul 23, 2005
Quarantine Tank
well said miles....

Joefish

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Mar 13, 2005
St Charles , IL
Miles;508733; said:
You should really do some research before you throw more money away..

You can't just take rays and throw them in with random fish, no matter how 'peaceful' you think they are when you are watching them. The atmosphere of the tank can completely change at night, once peaceful fish can become demonic in disposition(RTC). Cichlids and Stingrays should not be housed togethor, unless you know what youre doing. You should quit buying rays and sticking them in under-sized tanks, with in-appropriate tankmates..

These are hard animals to keep. They are not a gluttenous catfish, or a bullet-proof cichlid.

Perhaps instead of spending more money on killing Rays, you should put those funds towards finishing this 1300g DIY tank I keep 'hearing' about.. Then, after you've done some research and decided if rays are appropriate to go in the 1300g tank with the tankmates you have, (You do realize RTC get 6 feet in length and will eat anything?), try to purchase one that is large and well-acclimated for the abuse it might take while you 'learn your lessons'..

After you killed that Motoro, didn't I tell you "Tank First, Ray Last..".. but what do you do, go out and just buy another Ray without knowing anything about it, throw it in an undersized tank, and aggressive tankmates.. Then come say "Help, Help, Help, What do I do?".. When it's getting obvious you don't want to listen or do research, just wanting immediate satisfaction.

PLEASE, do some research and make educated purchases.
Damn skippy! well said! :popcorn:

Carl D

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jan 2, 2006
Doncaster, UK.
These rays have a huge waste output, the ray you have here is similar to my Himantura Oxyrncha, the disc shape is very similar. I hope you have massive filtration to care for your ray and the waste from the food it eats.

If this is only your second ray i am astonished. Above it says you killed a motoro ray, which are one of the easiest rays to keep, and you jump in with an Atlantic Stingray?? If you could not keep a motoro successfully, did you honestly think you could keep this ray successfully. You should have bought another motoro or a leopoldi, not one of the most difficult rays and then plopped it in a 40 Gallon.

Carl.

Redtail_Watcher

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jul 26, 2006
Columbus, Ohio
Carl D;509622; said:
These rays have a huge waste output, the ray you have here is similar to my Himantura Oxyrncha, the disc shape is very similar. I hope you have massive filtration to care for your ray and the waste from the food it eats.

If this is only your second ray i am astonished. Above it says you killed a motoro ray, which are one of the easiest rays to keep, and you jump in with an Atlantic Stingray?? If you could not keep a motoro successfully, did you honestly think you could keep this ray successfully. You should have bought another motoro or a leopoldi, not one of the most difficult rays and then plopped it in a 40 Gallon.

Carl.
DIdn't i said it is just my holding tank??? later on this week My Alantic Stingray, it will go into a 4x4ft pond 2ft high.
I hOpe that can relax your minds... My Alantic stingray is doing fine it has been eating silver sides and nothin else i do Know the temperment of and Rtc really well because i have own up to around 15rtc already.

Redtail_Watcher

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jul 26, 2006
Columbus, Ohio
Joefish;509055; said:
Damn skippy! well said! :popcorn:
I do, have had a book about stingrays 5months before i did ever buying a stingray.

Redtail_Watcher

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jul 26, 2006
Columbus, Ohio
suggestions please then??

what do you guys think a standard minumin size tank shoud be for a stingray? I do know that the first rule in tanks for a stingray hight size dosen't needed be included compared, to xW.

Redtail_Watcher

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jul 26, 2006
Columbus, Ohio
what do you have now?... to house your stingray? here is my book...
Picture 211.jpg

Joefish

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Mar 13, 2005
St Charles , IL
Width is one thing but your forgetting length, and at 4x4 all he will be able to do is circles. that's why i said 8x4:D or at the least 6ft

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store