Help me keep my ALANTIC STINGRAY long live and happy!

Redtail_Watcher

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jul 26, 2006
Columbus, Ohio
i mean real Hard plastic sheets!(not glass..)

Redtail_Watcher

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jul 26, 2006
Columbus, Ohio
another thing where does the deaf curl comes form? does it has to due to stress? like shipping and alot of fish mates around? I have known that even if you got the right water parameters, deaf curl can even happen.

tank90

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jan 28, 2006
michigan
Redtail_Watcher;514451; said:
another thing where does the deaf curl comes form? does it has to due to stress? like shipping and alot of fish mates around? I have known that even if you got the right water parameters, deaf curl can even happen.
Read your book that you said you read.........it's in there.:screwy: :screwy: :screwy:

T1KARMANN

Giant Snakehead
MFK Member
Sep 19, 2005
London UK
you will be lucky to keep that ray alive in full fresh water

but surly you will know that if you have resurched the ray before you brought it

i would love to see some updated pics of this ray in the next 2-3 months if its still alive

Redtail_Watcher

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jul 26, 2006
Columbus, Ohio
it will be alive because i have been doing 80percent water change 2 times every week and feeding silversides until it can eat any more. I read that book at least 8 times already.... and it doesn't show how to stop it when it happens(deaf curl.)

do you think it needs salt water? if do when, do i add salt?

kody1192

Gambusia
MFK Member
Mar 22, 2006
Illinois
JD7.62;514969; said:
Dude if youve read it eight times by now you should know its not "deaf" curl its death curl!! Is your ray in it? If so Im not surprised...
lol thats what i was gonna say(except for the last part) deaf means cant hear death means dieng which is when they start to curl why this happens idk i havnt looked at that book in a while which reminds me i should read it again before i order my rays

Redtail_Watcher

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jul 26, 2006
Columbus, Ohio
nope, it's not in that state. i just wanted to hear your opinion of what you think it is?....turth is i can't remmber all the words in that book or any other books like my catfish book. (sorry for the mispelling..)

Redtail_Watcher

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jul 26, 2006
Columbus, Ohio
do yall think it is normal for my Alantic stingray to be swiming up agaisnt the glass all the time? It's been trying to get some gulps of air of latley. it doesn't seem to stay still unless it is feeding. My other two fishes are ok and always stay in one spot accept for my stingray.

tank90

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jan 28, 2006
michigan
It is just my humble opinion but....I think you should take the ray back to your lfs and get credit for it.....no offence but the questions you have been asking are ones that you should have been able to answer yourself before you ever bought a ray, and I believe you did absolutley zero research when you bought this ray. If it dies ( I hope it doesen't ) I think you will impulse buy another one and the cycle will start all over again. Rays are not like goldfish, You need to have a very clear knowledge of what your getting into, and be able to properly care for them. otherwise leave them to the folk that can and do.....Just my 2 cents.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store