Help me pick some dithers/cleaners!

Aquanero

Global Moderator
Staff member
Global Moderator
MFK Member
Feb 16, 2009
New Jersey
IDK what I can recomend that would not get eaten by the cats eventually. Geo Red Head Taps would do the job but the cats get so big they will eventually eat them I think. You will need somthing with some aditude to survive in there. How big is the tank? Must be 300 or larger I'm guessing. I could come up with some more Ideas. Maybe Clown loaches.

Chicxulub

Hand of the King
Administrator
Aug 29, 2009
I crash at the K-Pg
IDK what I can recomend that would not get eaten by the cats eventually. Geo Red Head Taps would do the job but the cats get so big they will eventually eat them I think. You will need somthing with some aditude to survive in there. How big is the tank? Must be 300 or larger I'm guessing. I could come up with some more Ideas. Maybe Clown loaches.
They're in a 150 grow out right now. I have a 510 that they'll be going in shortly that's nearly ready for fiberglassing and a test fill, but I've been having a devil of a time finding time to work on it.

I'll look I to geos. What do you think of the firemouth? I'd really rather have one or two fish, not a school.

Silver dollars.

Somewhere down the road I'm going g to have some, but I don't think now would be ideal. They can be nippy in my experience.

Aquanero

Global Moderator
Staff member
Global Moderator
MFK Member
Feb 16, 2009
New Jersey
A Fire Mouth could be a good option for you I don't think it would be too aggresive for what your looking for. Try one, they're cheap enough. I was thinking more of a group than a solo cichlid, but yeah. Those are some potentially big cats you got going there, very cool.

Chicxulub

Hand of the King
Administrator
Aug 29, 2009
I crash at the K-Pg
A Fire Mouth could be a good option for you I don't think it would be too aggresive for what your looking for. Try one, they're cheap enough. I was thinking more of a group than a solo cichlid, but yeah. Those are some potentially big cats you got going there, very cool.
That's the main reason I want to keep these cleaners cheap! lol

Even before I started building it, I knew my 510 was just a grow out. Someday once I'm out of the army I'm going to have a truly huge diy tank built into my basement. Gold level huge you could say. ;)

lix.ma14

Hydrolycus Armatus
MFK Member
Jan 7, 2011
Ontario, Canada
i generally don't like cichlids in a large predetory tank. It just doesn't seem to fit. Plus, they are nippy too and aggressive.

lix.ma14

Hydrolycus Armatus
MFK Member
Jan 7, 2011
Ontario, Canada
A would add red wolf fish. they always float in my tank and my armatus never bothers it.

bassguy

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Dec 10, 2010
Limbo
why not keep it characin and get red hook sd's they pick up scraps and bits, don't get too big, they shoal, and they look good. If your gonna give max a target why not give a target with style ;)
X2, SD are perfect dithers, cleaners, action.

Sent from my iPhone using MonsterAquariaNetwork app

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store