Help! my Jardini is not swimming right

kelogz08

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
May 30, 2014
Queens, NY
other than the weird swimming techniques, it is also not eating for three days now. I tried the frozen shrimp or the pellets. it is not eating at all.

justarn

Arapaima
MFK Member
May 24, 2011
Kent UK
maybe but i wouldnt jump straight to that conclusion, he is agitated for sure but he still has use of his tail... personally i wouldnt give up on him yet, wheres aquanero when you need him, he is like a fish vet!-)

what dosage did you add to the tank and how often? overdose can create toxicity

Gar88

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Dec 1, 2011
INDIA
These guys are born hunters. Regardless of them not having a live fish in its life it still know how to hunt. Even a small fly or insect outside the glass can cause them to chase after them.
I have an Aro with a broken back. He is fine but stunted in growth but active.
I really do hope your jar gets cured.

Sent from my iPhone using MonsterAquariaNetwork app

ReisAntonio

Gambusia
MFK Member
May 10, 2012
Lisbon
It does look like broken back but fish with broken back don´t usually move like that, if it´s still not eating try bloodworms or some slow moving feeders.

kelogz08

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
May 30, 2014
Queens, NY
i tried the pellets, frozen shrimp and live fish. It is more interested in my finger when i touch the glass. i do hope that he will be fine

Evz jardini

Jardini
MFK Member
May 19, 2010
manchester /uk
For some reason I can't watch the video on my tablet so I can't tell , hope it pulls through if its not too bad and it begins to feed again and swimming isn't effected too much he may be ok perhaps in a solo tank to prevent further damage , best of luck

Sent from my Nexus 7 using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

Charney

The Fish Doctor
Staff member
MFK Member
Nov 15, 2005
Somerville NJ
Is that the same tank you treated with amoxi in? Amoxicillin would most likely wipe the filter. What's your ammonia?

Sent from my iPhone using MonsterAquariaNetwork app

DDK

Plecostomus
MFK Member
May 25, 2013
us
Does look like a broken spine. Nothing you can do, many jardinis kill themselves by ramming into the glass and severing their spine. A fish can survive with a broken spine, I have seen carp with broken spines and they are a good 30 pounds so they are living well with plump bellies. Hes trying to correct his spine currently. You can try and correct it for him by using force, but that is very risky as it might be the death of him.

I personally would leave it and see how he is swimming/living for a couple weeks. If its bad and hes suffering I honestly would kill him fast and painlessly. I too have a jardini that was raised from mere inches and would be crushed if that has happened to me. But the fish I have seen with broken spines are perfectly fine but their spine is just curved so just observe for a couple weeks and see what your really dealing with. Good luck and please update.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store