HELP PLEASE

synrgst12017

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
May 8, 2016
Your tank is too small. There's a good chance you have water issues and probably aggression problems. The butti alone will eventually need a 6ft tank.
I honestly dont have much aggression issues..eveyone gets along right now for the most part..yea i plan to up grade my tank to bigger but i cant right now cuz i dont have the room..when i move in a couple months i will be getteing a bigger tank.

pops

Alligator Gar
MFK Member
Nov 24, 2013
WA
I am a firm be leaver in tank first then fish, life has a way of throwing a wrench in the I will get a bigger tank later thing, no offence meant. just personnel experience.

I would sugest reducing your stock, getting a water test get, as mentioned the API Master Fresh water Test Kit a good one, its what I use and have for years.
https://www.amazon.com/API-Freshwat...r=8-1&keywords=api+master+freshwater+test+kit

there are plenty of links regarding fish and water quality. allot here on site. and on other sites.
I highly suggest you read up on the nitrate cycle and the effects on fish so you do not need to rely on the LFS guy that may or may not know what he is talking about.

Kittiee Katt

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Aug 1, 2015
My House!
I will do that..and ill buy the test kit this weekend. Ive had these fish bfore for many years. But ive never seen any of my fiah act the way my snow white is. When its feeding time he eats normal and swims normal. Its weird..but i really do appreciate the advice and help thank you
You're welcome. If you can't get a bigger tank could you maybe get another small one and split them into two groups - Africans and Americans?

Just because you don't see aggression doesn't mean it isn't happening. They could only argue at night when your sleeping, or when you go out, or whatever - unless you stare at the tank 24/7 you might not see them fighting.

If you can't get another tank right now is it possible to find temporary homes for some of your fish?

Also, with that many fish in such a small tank I'd highly recommend daily water changes of at least 50% (so at least 19 gallons every day for a 38g) make sure you dechlorinate your water with a dechlorinator (seachem prime is a good one that lasts a while) when you put the new water in as the chemicals in the water that make it safe for people are poisionus to fish.

Good luck. :)

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store