help! porcupine puffer and lionfish riot!

AW2EOD

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Feb 8, 2007
The East Side
What type of filtration are you running on this tank?

woodyoz

Candiru
MFK Member
AW2EOD;1992979; said:
What type of filtration are you running on this tank?

eheim pro-II 2026 external canister,which a frnd gave me

alcohologist

Candiru
MFK Member
Apr 8, 2007
singapore
wow. is that really a 55gal? any rock in there? the fish need shelter. you need to separate the fish and upgrade your tank asap.

woodyoz

Candiru
MFK Member
the filter was attached to the 180 g my frnd had....he neva rele had interest in fishes and the tank belonged to her landlord....
i just shifted the puffer babies to a bucket and put the dad into their tank...i hope he settles down soon..im gonna get him a tank next week

AW2EOD

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Feb 8, 2007
The East Side
Ok...biggest concern is that filter is junk, for a saltwater tank.

Another...you're now mentioning "puffer babies" and "puffer dad"? How many Puffers do you have?

Your fish are not going to survive in that tank, let alone a bucket. Is there a fish store where you can take them to sell/donate? It's either that, or everything is surely gonna die.

alcohologist

Candiru
MFK Member
Apr 8, 2007
singapore
:werd:
also, bad diet. what kind of flakes? dont give them loaches or minnows either.
also i was wondering, you [or friend] didnt actually breed porc puffers, did you?

sweeTang21

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Mar 10, 2007
Wisconsin
if you dont have the money for a larger tank, why not just take the fish back for now, and then when you better off to support these fish, get them again. not to bash or anything but keeping them together and not fixing the problem will only result in unnecessary loss.

IMO shoot for a 125 min, preferably a 150 for the puffer and concentrate on getting that ready for fish. This hobby will be around a long time, theres no need to rush.

woodyoz

Candiru
MFK Member
AW2EOD;1993458; said:
Ok...biggest concern is that filter is junk, for a saltwater tank.

Another...you're now mentioning "puffer babies" and "puffer dad"? How many Puffers do you have?

Your fish are not going to survive in that tank, let alone a bucket. Is there a fish store where you can take them to sell/donate? It's either that, or everything is surely gonna die.

i had 12 babies and one adult....i took them to my LFS and gave them away to keep them befo i get some new equipment...
alcohologist;1993463; said:
:werd:
also, bad diet. what kind of flakes? dont give them loaches or minnows either.
also i was wondering, you [or friend] didnt actually breed porc puffers, did you?

my friend did breed them,and a lot of other fishes...if he were still here i would have had no problem with them...

sweeTang21;1993584; said:
if you dont have the money for a larger tank, why not just take the fish back for now, and then when you better off to support these fish, get them again. not to bash or anything but keeping them together and not fixing the problem will only result in unnecessary loss.

IMO shoot for a 125 min, preferably a 150 for the puffer and concentrate on getting that ready for fish. This hobby will be around a long time, theres no need to rush.
yeah i gave them away to my LFS till i get a new tank...

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store