Help with Potamotrygon Pearls

T1KARMANN

Giant Snakehead
MFK Member
Sep 19, 2005
London UK
Problem Im having
1) I got two Pearl´s male and female with 5-6 inches, today I´ve noticed that my male has a white fungi look a like at the end of his tail. Im not sure if it´s something to be worried about because it´s my first time keeping rays.

Water Conditions
2) Test kits from Nutrafin Test

3) Old and New are all the same:
Ph — 7.2
Ammonia — 0 (Clear test tube)
Nitrite — 0 - 0.1
Nitrate — 0

4) Water temperature = 28 Celsius

5) 20% 2 Weeks

Tank Set Up info
6)Substrate = JBL Sansibar White

7) Tanks been set up since June

8) Two oxygen "stones"

9)Last time tank was cleaned was on Monday. Rays went in on tuesday. Sand was only put on monday.

10)Tank size is 100 liters (25 gallons) 80cm (length) x 40cm (height) x 30cm (width)
This tank is only to train the rays to eat prawn and whole fish before going in to the 720 liter aquarium (190 gallons)

11) Tetra EX 1200

Tankmates and General Info
12) 15cm fire eel (5 inches)

13) Got them on yesterday and still didn´t fed them because I don´t like to feed the fish on the first day so can acclimate with the minimum stress possible.

14)Since tuesday

15 and 16) One male and One female, the male is the one with the possible issue. Don´t know their age but they´re 5-6 inches in diameter.

Video of the aquarium and the rays:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bg8LeaZUid0&feature=youtu.be

[video=youtube;Bg8LeaZUid0]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bg8LeaZUid0&feature=youtu.be[/video]

Picture:

View attachment 972738
Nitrate of 0 doesn't seam right

Sent from my iPhone using MonsterAquariaNetwork app

ReisAntonio

Gambusia
MFK Member
May 10, 2012
Lisbon
Both my 2 meters or the current ray tank and the one they're going into?
Either way all my tanks are running since before june and the one the stingrays are going Is running since march

Sent from my iPhone using MonsterAquariaNetwork app

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store