Here we go again... New tank new journey...

Fat Homer

Mmmmm... Doughnuts
Staff member
MFK Member
Mar 16, 2009
----
^ yup, definitely agree its lacking in some areas... Needs be to slightly more defined... Just hoping i have enough soil left over, or im going to have to go shopping again tmr...

convict360

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Dec 9, 2013
Scotland
^ yup, definitely agree its lacking in some areas... Needs be to slightly more defined... Just hoping i have enough soil left over, or im going to have to go shopping again tmr...
lol we both know there's a 95% chance you'll go shopping for supplies regardless :p

Reactions: Fat Homer

Fat Homer

Mmmmm... Doughnuts
Staff member
MFK Member
Mar 16, 2009
----
lol we both know there's a 95% chance you'll go shopping for supplies regardless :p
I wish that were the case, but im so super busy its UNBELIEVEABLE!!! And with Chinese New Year a few days away, im so screwed right now...

My dad also was being nice and bought me a bunch of plants without telling me (which sadly i dont like) So now i gotta see what to do with them all, which is most likely place them in my other planted tank...

Reactions: convict360

Fat Homer

Mmmmm... Doughnuts
Staff member
MFK Member
Mar 16, 2009
----
Got myself more plants and the last bit of soil earlier today + more anubias petite along with:

1x Lobelia Cardinalis
1x Alternathera Reineckii "mini"
1x Cryptocoryne Albida

Might also grab 1 or 2 pots of "bucephalandra sky red mini" but at USD $25.5 a pot it aint cheap...

image.jpeg

Fat Homer

Mmmmm... Doughnuts
Staff member
MFK Member
Mar 16, 2009
----
Got myself the "bucephalandra sky red mini" mini today even though its not the cheapest plnt for a beginner to try like myself...

image.jpeg

Also made up a bunch of labels so i know when i planted everything and when it went in so i can see how it progresses over time before i do the carpeting plant...

image.jpeg

Reactions: convict360

convict360

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Dec 9, 2013
Scotland
Got myself the "bucephalandra sky red mini" mini today even though its not the cheapest plnt for a beginner to try like myself...

View attachment 1164118

Also made up a bunch of labels so i know when i planted everything and when it went in so i can see how it progresses over time before i do the carpeting plant...

View attachment 1164119
That's a really nice plant! Seen pics of it before, I'll need to have a look again, see if it needs co2 and ferts etc

Fat Homer

Mmmmm... Doughnuts
Staff member
MFK Member
Mar 16, 2009
----
^ i've been reading somewhat conflicting reports on it... Some say no need Co2 but min. Using excell helps, some say high light, some say medium light... So really not sure either but wanted to try for myself...

Manu8__too

Aimara
MFK Member
Jun 18, 2013
IMO, the best investment you can make for your tank (aside from good lighting) is a pressurized Co2 system. With it, you'll get phenomenal plant growth and coloration. In addition, you'll deal with far less algae. Excel is a great product, but doesn't hold a candle to a pressurized system.

Fat Homer

Mmmmm... Doughnuts
Staff member
MFK Member
Mar 16, 2009
----
^ Cant agree more, i've been running pressurized Co2 for a while now, this new tank im running it at about 2 BPS with medium lighting since not that many plants...

Once i get a few more plants in there i'll be bumping uo the lighting running the full 4 bulbs rather than just 2 outter ones...

Reactions: Manu8__too
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store