Homemade Hose Attachment

rwellbaum

Blue Tier VIP
MFK Member
Mar 27, 2012
USA
Check in the sprinkler sections if your big box carries components for in-ground sprinklers. You'll be looking for 3/4 FGHT (Female Garden Hose Thread) or MGHT (Male).

If not check for a sprinkler supply company in your area.
Yeah, I found everything in the PVC pipe componets area in Menards
Definitely going to make this great idea

Sent from my iPhone using MonsterAquariaNetwork app
Dang that's a great rig, I'm so sick of all the different wrecks during tank refills.
Thanks, it is worth it
I saw a LFS had a set up like that so I too made one. I kind of am thinking to take it up a notch and add some kind of float shut off....
Sounds like a good idea... instead of a float I added a valve so i could go from tank to tank without shutting the water off at the spicket. Post some pictures of yours
Alright do how would one do this but upstairs and attach it to a sink in the bathroom

figure out how to attach a hose to your sink faucet, go to your local hardware store and check out what they have...

Reactions: Dial92

F1 VET

THE serrasalmus rhom
MFK Member
Nov 3, 2011
INDY
Nice. I just use a rubber wood clamp.

×Go S. Vettel #1 Infiniti Redbull! 4x WDC!!! Congrats on another flawless title and 9 wins back to back in 1 season (record!) See you next year in Australia boys!× <GET BETTER SCHUMI>

Cheap way to decrease nitrates and keep your fish healthy: http://monsterfishkeepers.com/forums/showthread.php?t=504763

koltsixx

Global Moderator
Staff member
Global Moderator
MFK Member
Feb 13, 2007
Bronx, NYC

×Go S. Vettel #1 Infiniti Redbull! 4x WDC!!! Congrats on another flawless title and 9 wins back to back in 1 season (record!) See you next year in Australia boys!× <GET BETTER SCHUMI>

Cheap way to decrease nitrates and keep your fish healthy: http://monsterfishkeepers.com/forums/showthread.php?t=504763
I personally just use a suction cup to hold mine in place, never thought of doing anything more involved. Still nice work.

xraycer

Arapaima
MFK Member
Sep 5, 2013
Southern NH USA
This what I use to hold my garden hose for w/c for my 180 in the basement.

For my tanks inside the house I made this get-up and let it drain into the toilet.
toi3.jpgtoi2.jpgtoi.jpg

To refill, I made this get-up. Its tapped into the washing machine water source and this crazy get-up lets me mix in hot water with the cold water.
hose2.jpg

Its super ghetto, but what I needed this past summer when I had shoulder surgery

toi3.jpg

toi2.jpg

toi.jpg

hose2.jpg

rob1984

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
May 9, 2012
ontario canada
ive been using some similar to that for the last few yrs... my tap water goes through a large filter before the tank but yea... I just used pvc 3/4" ID the black duct tape is to cover up the hose clamp so it don't scratch the glass

Jacunaba

Candiru
MFK Member
May 23, 2012
The Land of Big Tanks
To refill, I made this get-up. Its tapped into the washing machine water source and this crazy get-up lets me mix in hot water with the cold water.
View attachment 978070

Its super ghetto, but what I needed this past summer when I had shoulder surgery
Haha ghetto is great in this case. I made the same exact getup last year. Best cheap thing I did. I was matching water temps through the sink. It was a ***** changing 250 gal every couple days like that. Plus the water pressure is far better.

xraycer

Arapaima
MFK Member
Sep 5, 2013
Southern NH USA
Haha ghetto is great in this case. I made the same exact getup last year. Best cheap thing I did. I was matching water temps through the sink. It was a ***** changing 250 gal every couple days like that. Plus the water pressure is far better.

Love it! I used to siphon/refill with a 5gal bucket...........what a sucker I was! haha

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store