How are we supposed to make responsible purchases...

Status
Not open for further replies.

peterp63

Gambusia
MFK Member
Feb 13, 2008
On a boat!
K old man!!! All your 50 year old boyfriends on here may think your cool but yea real cool being old and immature.... Thank god my life isnt anything like yours, guess thats why we have different opinions to begin with. You "stooped to my level" the first time u flammed me so any word of being the "bigger man" was thrown out the window long before this happened.

Have fun trash talking younger kids that want to be proactive in this hobby for the rest of your life, i can see where your negativity stands, pretty pathetic way to gain self esteem and self respect... I actually feel bad for you.......

#1 S. Vettel
Age discrimination and hate talk about your allied countries. You and Gray are on a roll, bud.

I'm relieved to see someone recognizing what we're forced to deal with all too often. I wish we didn't have to see this repeated downward spiralling but, unfortunately, this has been the trend of these types of threads.
Oddball, how does MFK normally handle the above along with cussing and name-calling? These types of members will continue to dissuade potential value-adding members from posting/joining this fourm.

Oddball

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
MFK Member
Apr 27, 2005
Bama
Contrary to popular speculation, the staff gain no pleasure in the neccessity of having to ban any member. The preference is to warn and/or infract in the hope that a problem can be fixed with no repeat of problem posting. Regretfully, this does not work in every case so a series of escallating suspension durations are employed in an attempt to drive the TOS home. Since some people are hard to get the point across their membership must to be administratively terminated in order to stop the poor behavior from disrupting the normal interface of the forums.

F1 VET

THE serrasalmus rhom
MFK Member
Nov 3, 2011
INDY
Peter, i feel like weve made some serious break throughs these past 36 hours, and that means alot to me, thank you for your true words of inspiration and kindness!

I hope the rest of your life is filled with laughter and joy! Im sure your kids and wife are proud!

#1 S. Vettel

jstavis

Candiru
MFK Member
Mar 18, 2009
Madison, WI
Wow-- I hadn't logged in for a day or two and I'm amazed/ashamed that this has reached 11 pages of sniping. Oddball, I now completely see your point! I also just wanted to thank you again for taking the time to participate in this discussion. Compared to a lot of forums, MFK mods do a really great job on the whole and don't seem to be power-trippers at all. Again, thanks for all of your hard work and insightful comments.

Zoodiver

As seen on TV
MFK Member
Aug 22, 2005
South FL
This thread is going no where fast. People need to calm down, and mind their own business.
I'm closing this since it's more or less a thread to complain about an already closed thread, which won't fly here.
However, I'm going to address a few comments made along the way to help clear things up for those who seem to be stuck in the dark.

What a joke. banning someone on a fish site?? Ive recieved two infractions for abbreviating bad words and i see the same all day on here and even the real bad word....

Like i said better interest's are taken here. The same rules DONT apply to everyone.
#1 S. Vettel
The rules apply to everyone equally. If you can't follow the TOS you agreed to, you will be banned. This site is no different from any other internet based forum. If at any time I member doesn't want to be here anymore, it's as easy as NOT typing it into the browser. Nobody is forcing anyone to stay with MFK. We are all here for the fish. Mods are here to make sure it's on track and family friendly.

With all due respect, the point is that the feedback system doesn't work.
The only reason feed back doesn't work is because YOU THE MEMBERS aren't using it. Nobody can point the finger elsewhere.

Second Edit: Lastly, while I still have your attention-- it would really be nice if there was just a brief note explaining why a given thread is being closed. Without that people are liable to make a mountain out of a molehill.
When a thread is closed, the OP gets notice of why. It's not the business of every member on the forum. If a mod wants, they will leave a closing type post. Usually it's VERY obvious why something gets locked down.

The mods clearly favor the vendors cause they pay to be a vendor, pretty obvious really, everything is like that. Although a few years ago my thread about the vendor massive agression did get them kicked off this site. I don't know if they are back but the mods do good things sometimes. Sometimes lol

Mods do NOT favor vendors. They are held to the same TOS that you all agree to when signing up. CLEARLY, you missed that.

It all about money.
Why are you all coming up with ways to avoid future discertions like this one??? ITS THEIR JOB TO RUN THEIR SITE!! they should be the ones brainstorming better ways to make this site better. They get their money from vendors and thats all that matters, if we get ripped its our fault.....
Mods are NOT paid. So you are 100% wrong about it being all about the money. In fact, most of what you have ranted about in this thread is incorrect info. However, if you would like to talk about the money you've paid to use this forum vs the time you've used MFK, please feel free to start a thread in the lounge about it. People tend to forget this is a FREE service where they can come to gain knowledge and offer their own to help others.

Status
Not open for further replies.
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store