How come my bichirs never friggin grow!!!

lix.ma14

Hydrolycus Armatus
MFK Member
Jan 7, 2011
Ontario, Canada
i think all the growth you get (1 inch a month) are from lower jaw species, those upper jaw species you have are all SLOW growers IMO.
ya but 1 inch a year?? Are you kidding me? LOL

lix.ma14

Hydrolycus Armatus
MFK Member
Jan 7, 2011
Ontario, Canada
I'm not saying that you stunted it, the damage could have been done before you purchased the fish.
they were fresh off the boat. As i recalled, I bought the runts of the batch since the remaining of the retros and weeksis were a foot long. but i'm pretty sure they were just babies though.

lix.ma14

Hydrolycus Armatus
MFK Member
Jan 7, 2011
Ontario, Canada
HEY GUYS, HOW OFTEN DO YOU CHANGE THE WATER?? WHAT DO YOU FEED YOUR POLYS? When you guys are feeding your bichirs, do you actually see them eat or do they eat when the lights are out?

mike_sema

Hail Hogs
MFK Member
Jul 13, 2008
HOT Water
HEY GUYS, HOW OFTEN DO YOU CHANGE THE WATER?? WHAT DO YOU FEED YOUR POLYS? When you guys are feeding your bichirs, do you actually see them eat or do they eat when the lights are out?
I am on a 24/7 drip,I feed them all tilapia,smelt,shrimp,silver sides,night crwalers,convicts,massivores,and other pellets.mine are all of good size so you cant miss them eating in fact they go crazy during feeding time. I feed at 5am,4pm,9pm monday---friday. but I feel i can only get away with this type of feeding bc of the 24/7 drip and a crazy filter lol

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store