How do u change the water?

japbart

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Jun 1, 2012
Los Angeles
When u have big tank? Cause I have a 135g and I can only stock so much 5g buckets.

I currently have 5 5g buckets that I put dechlorinated tap water in. I let it sit for a day before I put it in my tank. I know I need to find a better way cause 5 buckets take up a lot of space.

Sent from my iPhone using MonsterAquariaNetwork app

Rome

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Feb 24, 2012
Santa Barbara
What's in the tank. I usually just add a cap of prime and then fill/dump

Rayshot1

Candiru
MFK Member
Dec 21, 2008
California
just buy Prime or Aquasafe and grab your hose and if your running tropical run water slightly hotter than your desired temp to offset the cold water from the garden hose

Cu455

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Mar 8, 2011
US
I have a hose which connects to my sink and I fill and drain thru that. You can use a outdoor garbage can if you want to hold more water.

El Piranha

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jan 20, 2012
Chicago, IL
I use my siphon and connect to a long hose out the window take out 50%. Then add aquarium salt and prime w/c the correct amount to the tank. Then I stick the hose in the tank and let it fill up. The water temp usually drops about 5 degrees but it's ok. All done in about an hour. Dude the way your doing it will take a long time!! I have a 6ft 125 gallon tank .. The easiest and fastest way!

duanes

MFK Moderators
Staff member
MFK Member
Jun 7, 2007
Isla Taboga Panama via Milwaukee
I have PVC pipe, that runs from each bank of tanks out to my gardens. Turn a valve, and in about 10 minutes, about 100 gallons of water flows to the flowers in front, and another 100 gallons waters veggies in back from a different bank of tanks. Each bank is about 350-400 gallons. A Python refills the tanks from the tap, a bloop of sodium thiosulfate to neutralize chlorine and a 1/4 to 1/3rd water change is all over. I try to do that every other day or so, but with this summers heat, been doing it every 2 out of 3 days.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store