How do YOU care for your baby Indo's?

benzjamin13

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
MFK Member
Sep 12, 2005
Los Angeles, CA
Well...I gave in and decided I couldn't pass up on some of the ITs that's been coming in. For now, I got them in a bare bottom 20g Long with a Penguin 350 and a 150w Jager heater and a piece of Driftwood. They have some ich, but I'm treating them with salt, so we'll see how it goes.

Somethingfishyinc.net

Gambusia
MFK Member
Dec 11, 2007
Ohio
www.Somethingfishyinc.net
These little Dats need to be in a small tank like a 10 gallon bare bottom with a seeded sponge filter & a good heater. Java moss is good for cover. I have had 25 in a ten & not lose one fish. Feed once a day or twice small amounts. I would not use a faucet siphon etc. Use a air line attached to a 3/16" rigid tube to vac waste off the bottom. Condition the water before putting into their tank by bucket. Then you do not have to worry sucking them up & down the drain. Plus a small tank makes it easy for them to find the food etc.. Graduate them up to larger aquariums as they grow & are stronger swimmers then use a good canister filter with biological & bio chem zorb for filtering & a power filter for just mechanical.
This is just my opinion & what I think should be done for these little guys.

gangster

Arapaima
MFK Member
Apr 17, 2008
mountains
FishNCash;3738113; said:
why 87? I was told the preferred temp for these guys is 80-82. The tank should be cycled by now. I had it running since early December to now. I checked today and 3 dead.:nilly::irked: I think I will quit datnoids. I killed $100 worth of datnoids.:cry::cry::cry: I have to go get some black worms tomorrow.
Tank must not be cycled. When you set it up use water from an existing/cycled tank, as well as used media. Put all that used/cycled media+water in your new tank. Temp @ 87 to ward off ich easier. Hope this helps.

Thats why this thread is here, to HELP eachother.

dleomd

Gambusia
MFK Member
Apr 15, 2009
Rockford, IL
Hey all, great thread idea, thank you! Question, why the stress re: having bare bottom tanks? Also, maybe you could share where you are all getting the dats from? thinking of jumping on this bandwagon too and looking for a good source. Thanks again.

benzjamin13

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
MFK Member
Sep 12, 2005
Los Angeles, CA
dleomd;3738650; said:
Hey all, great thread idea, thank you! Question, why the stress re: having bare bottom tanks? Also, maybe you could share where you are all getting the dats from? thinking of jumping on this bandwagon too and looking for a good source. Thanks again.
As for now, it's a quarantine/grow out tank;) Check the Buy/Sell section.

CrAzYNeSs

Candiru
MFK Member
Sep 17, 2009
Here.
Oh, 86F or 30C :)

Until the ich is gone I'm keeping them at this temp. After, it will be back down to 82-84F.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store