How do YOU care for your baby Indo's?

RedDwarf

Gambusia
MFK Member
Sep 19, 2009
Where the Sun is Warm
29 tall
50% wc weekly (aged water from my plant tank)
350watt heater with seperate temp probe 85F
bare bottom (makes siphoning the bottom so much easier)
huge chuck of aged drift wood
eclipse 3 hood with aged bio-wheel
hydor airo 4 with moonlight
free feeding blackworms, when they run out I put another ounce in there
lost a few the first day but since then they are all swimming around fighting the current

iwiied

Candiru
MFK Member
Nov 2, 2008
denver,co
was gonna put them in a 55 with a larger dat and a 10 inch jardini but as i saw how small the baby dats are , obvious it wasn't going to work.
so they went into a 30 gallon with brand new water from tap + dechlor. filters are eclipse built-in filter and a small internal filter.
80f
15% water change every 2,3 days
no loss

ailachami

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Nov 17, 2008
denver
i have 20 in a 29g biocube. temp @ 84. sand bottom and large lace rock for them to hide. feeding bloodworm twice a day might bump up to 3 times cause they are fighting for food everytime i feed. water change is 5 gallon every 2 days. i put an airstone in the tank because i heard o2 is lost at higher temp. so far so good.

gangster

Arapaima
MFK Member
Apr 17, 2008
mountains
Eating live tubifex 24x7 and feeding frzn blood worms n brine shrimp 3-5x daily. I had to put my 3x 4'' ntt in w/ them cause one of my endli's ate one ntt. Lookn good...the ntt are sissys....always hiding, while IT's are cruising being attention whores.

johnnycoolxx

Candiru
MFK Member
Jun 22, 2009
Grandma's Basement
I have 22 babies in a 60g.
2 AC 110's and a BioWheel 350.
25% water change 2 times a week.
Temp at 87. They really like the warm water and I prefer it to prevent disease.
Feeding them a variety of foods.... frozen bloodworms at first, then brine shrimp, then mysis shrimp and today they were eating cut up market shrimp. I feed em about 5 times a day, as much as they can eat in 2 minutes.
Barebottom tank. It's the first time I've ever had a barebottom tank and I love it. The current from my filters is pretty strong and any leftover food gets blown upwards and eaten by one of my baby indos.

So far, so good. They are all doing well and eating like fat guys at a Vegas buffet. I think variety of foods is really key for them at this size. I'm going to try to get them to eat ground up carnivore soon.

k.tran

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jun 24, 2009
In a Room
12gallon
17- IT
Eclipse system hood
dats put in after tank was set up for 2 hrs. (so the temp was right)
temp 79-81 (50w stealth heater)
salt level at 2%
water changes every 2-3 days due to heavy heavy feeding.
black sand on bottom with a medium peice of driftwood inside.

they are also eating hikari micro wafers after day 1. all super healthy super stable. they dont hide unless i just turn on or off the lights for about 30sec to 1 min.

and horray for baby IT's!!!

gangster

Arapaima
MFK Member
Apr 17, 2008
mountains
^^^^^did you use old tank h20 and seeded media? Or are you running an uncycled tank?

k.tran

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jun 24, 2009
In a Room
gangster;3769356; said:
^^^^^did you use old tank h20 and seeded media? Or are you running an uncycled tank?
no everything is new. and what is an uncycled tank??? :screwy: kinda new to those ideas is it even real?:screwy::screwy::screwy:

Jdmxluv

Gambusia
MFK Member
Sep 14, 2009
Koreatown
36 baby indo in a 100 gallon (kinda overstocked)

2) ac110.
2) 300watt heaters @ 87
40lb of black 3m sand.
2 piece of small driftwood for ph.
1 large lava rock
live plants.
live clams for extra filteration.
and a strong air pump for oxygen.

no lost so far 90% stable at all time.

gangster

Arapaima
MFK Member
Apr 17, 2008
mountains
I just added a second penguin 350 to my 55g. Theres about a 4x turnover rate now. Little buggers are growing quick!

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store