how frequent do you feed your tigers?

T1KARMANN

Giant Snakehead
MFK Member
Sep 19, 2005
London UK
If you have a tank full of 9 tigers they will all want to eat the same amount but the alpha will grow faster because he gets to the food faster
My ST is the alpha so the others get less food than him
I have had one feeding on prawn the other on pellets in the same tank for 2 years.now
They both get fed until they can't eat anymore daily
The one on prawns gets full much faster than the one on pellets as the prawn is like wet cotton wool and is a good filler for fish which is why I feed them prawn as if it was just pellets in my tank it would prob cost £100 per month
No fish would feed its self until it dies or all fish in the wild would be hunting all day until they kill them selfs
My big ST gets 100 x massivore pellets per day per feed it could eat more but I don't like watching him resting on the floor digesting his food and I hand feed him the massivore so I know what he eats so that's 100 mass for him and what ever other prawns and other foods he grabs
When I used to just feed prawn I found the salt used to make all the tigers flick rub themselfs more often
Even now the one tiger I have that only eats prawn rubs its self far more than the others
Prawn shrimp is rubbish as apart from Asia most people feed the frozen types well they do in the UK anyway
If you want your tigers to grow fast feed them pellets that's a FACT no something I pulled out the air
If someone else on this forum with over 15 years of keeping tigers can say different then please step up

Sent from my iPhone using MonsterAquariaNetwork app

T1KARMANN

Giant Snakehead
MFK Member
Sep 19, 2005
London UK
As for the man who disagrees with EVERYTHING I say if I said prawns were better he would say no pellets are better
Even if you fed your tigers on steroids they would grow as fast as a aro so that comparison was a joke

T1KARMANN

Giant Snakehead
MFK Member
Sep 19, 2005
London UK
Did I fogey to mention in the 2 year test I had the 2 IT and 1 NGT all went into the tank at 10 inch
One IT fed only on prawn the other IT and NGT were eating pellets from day 1
The IT only on prawn is now 12inch the other IT on pellets is 16inch and the NGT I just sold was 15 inch and the biggest NGT I have ever seen
What's the point in other people telling you stuff on forum if people don't want to take note
Maybe if this info came from anyone else apart from me then I would get a response like great info.bro or that's the best tiger I have ever seen
But forums would be a very boring place without me

baowie

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Oct 2, 2011
Maryland
How do you guy feed the dat filet fish? Do you cut it up into small pieces or chum it? I currently feeding my 5 dat bloodworms and hikari sticks. They range from 1-4 inches. I feed them 2-3 times a day.

Egon

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Jul 4, 2007
Tempe AZ
If you have a tank full of 9 tigers they will all want to eat the same amount but the alpha will grow faster because he gets to the food faster. I think this is directed to me because I have 9 Dats: So, your saying the Dat that eats first grows the fastest? They all eat until they are full. The small one lays on its side because it's so full. It's an absolute pig lol.They both get fed until they can't eat anymore daily. I do this too. I don't understand the eating first makes them bigger comment? they all eat till they are bloated, how could the 10 seconds between the first one to eat and the last one to eat matter? Please explain, I've only been keeping Dats for two years now.
My big ST gets 100 x massivore pellets per day per feed it could eat more but I don't like watching him resting on the floor digesting his food. mine actually lays on its side with food sticking out of its mouth, lol, I posted pics in the Dat area a month ago. When I used to just feed prawn I found the salt used to make all the tigers flick rub themselves more often I guess the salt was not a joke, you believe salt water live stock are actually saltier than fresh water live stock, or is it due to lack of refrigeration in your area and your still salting your meat to keep it from rotting? I understand now, just soak the salted food (Tilapia, prongs, whatever) for a while in some warm water before you feed.
Even now the one tiger I have that only eats prawn rubs its self far more than the others This is due to all the salt on the shrimp! wash that off first, the meat will be fine after it's clean. try buying smaller amounts of shrimp fresh and you won’t have to salt it to keep it from rotting. Any extra just put on the grill and eat yourself, it's good!
If you want your tigers to grow fast feed them pellets that's a FACT no something I pulled out the air
If someone else on this forum with over 15 years of keeping tigers can say different then please step up good info thanks for posting, some of this is good info. I agree pellets are good food to be included in a variety of fresh and frozen (not salted) foods

Above in red

T1KARMANN

Giant Snakehead
MFK Member
Sep 19, 2005
London UK
Not saying the one that eats 1st will grow faster
All my tigers eat pellets apart from one who only eats prawn he is the one who is first to eat the prawns when they are dropped in and he eats till full every day but he always eats like he has not had food for weeks
What this tells me is the prawns are filling him up but he's not getting what he needs from the prawns
This is probably why people think the tigers are feeding great until they are full but they are getting nothing from them
If I was to eat loads of paper it would fill me up but I wouldn't grow or be healthy
Pellets are a complete food which has been developed by big company's to keep you fish healthy and growing well much like dry dog or cat food which is proven to be better than raw meat alone

T1KARMANN

Giant Snakehead
MFK Member
Sep 19, 2005
London UK
If you researched all hikari pellets like I have you will see 1 massivore pellet has 10 x more stuff in it compaired to a wet soggy bit of prawn/shrimp cotton wool
All hikari pellets are good for different fish but the best is massivore for larger tigers hikari sinking carnivore for medium size tigers and hikari sturgeon for small tigers medium size pellets
The pellets mentioned are high in protein fat and vitamins all needed for good tiger growth and health
You can fill them up with wet puffy sea foods if you want but don't expect them to grow fast or be healthy
Before I researched the pellets and was feeding hikari sinking cichlid gold the fish were eating them like mad but the growth was slow due to cichlid pellets having more veg in them which will fill them up like prawn or shrimp but it doesn't have what's needed to provide a carnivore fish what I needs to grow well or be healthy
What's the point in having 15 years + of knowledge if everyone doesn't want to take not
If anyone else has had a tiger for 8 years and grown it from 2 inch to 20 inch + and it's still going strong please let me hear your comments on what you fed your fish in that 8 years
Every other ST I owned and sold which are the same age as mine are smaller and have ALL had Heath problems mainly the tiger spots this shows me something must be missing from the diet

J.Lake

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Feb 4, 2011
Edmonton, Alberta, Canada
my 8 to 9 incher ntt eats as much sinking carnivore as i will give him. I also drop them a few at atime so they dont hit the bottom and make a mess. SO it really depends on how much time i have ahah. But he will also heat bits of the aros shrimp, worm and or fish.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store