How I set up my 90 gallon Mbuna tank - start-to-finish w/ photos

fish head )'>

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Mar 18, 2006
S.E. Michigan
Havoc;935670; said:
.... I would just roam the neighborhood and nab rocks from peoples' rock gardens. Apparently I can find the coveted "texas holey rock" limestone in my area if I look in the right places. ...but I'm not crazy about the idea of taking it from the wild. However rocks from a farmer's field and a few bits of granite from the neighbor's house is fair game :D
I love the phrase:"...but I'm not crazy about the idea of taking it from the wild." So, taking it from someone else is OK?
I understand the farmers field, you are doing the farmer a service and they hate the rocks and what it does to the machinery.
"In the right places," you mean the right NEIGHBORHOODS?
It all escalates to to "(taking)...a few bits of granite from the neighbor's house is fair game." :eek:

portkit2b.jpg

Havoc

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
May 16, 2007
Colorado
fish head )'>;938400; said:
I love the phrase:"...but I'm not crazy about the idea of taking it from the wild." So, taking it from someone else is OK?
I understand the farmers field, you are doing the farmer a service and they hate the rocks and what it does to the machinery.
"In the right places," you mean the right NEIGHBORHOODS?
It all escalates to to "(taking)...a few bits of granite from the neighbor's house is fair game." :eek:
You, off the soap box.

Learn how to quote.
I was talking about collecting coral from the wild. :screwy:

You read way too deeply into something you may not have grasped the concept of, which is always dangerous. :grinno:

bluearrow

Feeder Fish
Aug 6, 2007
USA
Havoc:
thanks for the info. Your tank looks great and I think I'm gonna try to set up something similar on a smaller scale, maybe 55g.

Super Turtleman

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Feb 2, 2009
Michigan
Mo, Demasoni get to about 3.5" or so in size. They should be kept in groups of 12 generally due to their conspecific aggression (attack similar fish). The reason your 3 ended up as 1 is he basically harassed the others to death. By keeping a big group, the dominant male won't be able to pick on just one fish constantly...he'll get lost in the crowd.

MoFish78

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Oct 5, 2008
Bay Area CaliFornia
thanks turtleman...the survivor is about 1yr now but still about less than 2"...he's not so dominant now though...since he killed the two, he's been staying in corners i guess fearing the other bigger fish.

i thought as long as i have many other fish with them, it's enough to prevent him from focusing on the other 2 demasonis. thanks man

Super Turtleman

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Feb 2, 2009
Michigan
np

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store