How I set up my 90 gallon Mbuna tank - start-to-finish w/ photos

Muske

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Feb 14, 2007
Mundelein IL
Free decor is the best decor.

Driftwood from the beach, or the smooth rocks often found by them are awesome.

Thanks for the tip on the black PVC. I have always used it, but may have to reconsider since the white can be dyed.

There is no reason to flame about soapboxes....
Overfishing, overfertilizing our lawns, and driving our cars to much has had just as much impact on reefs as collecting in the wild.

HaleMoana

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Feb 27, 2009
Philly Burbs
itsbadlands;2725089; said:
this thread is 100% worthy of a bump!Very informative and a great read!
Great bump!

Very informative read.

tcarswell

Polypterus
MFK Member
Dec 6, 2008
Tibet
Ive never thought of soaking my nls pellets. Where do I find this vitamin dip sounds awesome!

HarlanAshmore

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Sep 27, 2008
Melbourne Ausralia
very beatifull tanks and a good read cheers buddy

tcarswell

Polypterus
MFK Member
Dec 6, 2008
Tibet
After a ton of research. You really dont need to soak your NLS in anything especially vitamins as it may cause vitamintosis. Just feed regular NLS it has tons of vitamins. also pre soaking NLS alone will dust off some of the vitamins.

AfroCichlidKeeper

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Apr 27, 2009
Virginia
Nice setup man, I am moving up from a 55 to a 90 myself and have been debating on switching from crushed coral gravel to sand so thank you, I am definitly going with sand now haha

CichlidsRool

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Feb 27, 2008
TUJUNGA,CA.SOCAL.
very nice tank i like frontosa's very much i got my colony of 8 burundis last Sunday and picking up colony of 5 7-stripes tomorrow.I just like comment on one thing about the coral-rock on the left,looks nice but it can an will injure your cichlid's, i use to have very nice coral-rock in one of my tank then i started seeing some of cichlids had injury's one actually lost one eye died week later,i could not figure it out why this was happening then i look at the coral-rock i knew this was it.Sure an-of it stopped.any way just wanted for you to know.....very nice tank!

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store