How many people have tropheus a nd what kind

wild bill

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Apr 4, 2010
three hills,ab. canada
sites.google.com
Wow not to many out there I thought there would be more of us.

wild bill

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Apr 4, 2010
three hills,ab. canada
sites.google.com
Do you sell them or just doing it for fun. You meant they are in a 120g tank right because that is what we have ours in too in that case. If a person strips some fry can they be placed back with the parents when they are about a half inch or will the group kill them. We have about 6 my wife stripped from a female awhile ago and I told her to put them back with the rest but she wants to keep them out and take them to the lfs.

kay-bee

Gambusia
MFK Member
May 21, 2006
Tampa, FL
I have a group of about 16 or so Tropheus sp. Black 'Bemba'/Orange Flame.

wild bill

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Apr 4, 2010
three hills,ab. canada
sites.google.com
We have 3 or 4 females holding in our main tank my wife's just not sure how she will catch them. I can't believe how fast they grow.

Willz

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Feb 9, 2011
Roanoke VA
11 WC Ikolas in a 125. 15+ 1" guys growing out in a mixed tang community tank. I strip them after they hold for a month and put them in a 65 gallon grow out tank. Mine will not spit them in the tank, and I don't trust them to spit them in the tank either. I was stripping one once and some fry fell out of the net into the tank and the other adults made quick work of them. I screwed up only getting 11, and as soon as my sump is up and running I'm getting some more to supplement my colony. They can be pretty brutal unless you have them overcrowded.

wild bill

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Apr 4, 2010
three hills,ab. canada
sites.google.com
I've heard that was kinda wondering if you will be able to add more safely. Do you think you may have to add another 11 so will have 2 even colonies.

Willz

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Feb 9, 2011
Roanoke VA
wild bill;4889300; said:
I've heard that was kinda wondering if you will be able to add more safely. Do you think you may have to add another 11 so will have 2 even colonies.
I am going to get the same species and WC from the guy I originally bought the first 11 from. I have an idea that I will put the new ones in another 125, let them claim the tank, then introduce my existing group to the new ones. Hopefully, they'll merge into one big happy colony. Anyone have any tips for merging them, I'm all ears. Tired of vacuuming up scales with my water changes!

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store