How should a juvie dat's ventral body look?

NixMix

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Sep 1, 2010
South Carolina
....and to get back on topic,if you look at the photos in the beginning of the post you can see the dats lower jaw having an angle to it.That is a sure sign that it is too thin and needs to fattened up and filled out.

Sent from my iPhone using MonsterAquariaNetwork app
Yeah that was the part I was concerned about. I even went back to the lfs and found out they online ended up only feeding it once a week because they forgot about him. :mad:

It's ok now though because he is in good hands! I'll definitely feed him well and take excellent care of him.

Sent from my fishy world!

NixMix

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Sep 1, 2010
South Carolina
I'll be primarily feeding him shrimp until he gets some weight on him. He is really active for being a new addition to the tank. So I will be targeting his feedings.

krichardson

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Jun 19, 2006
Datnoid Island
Sounds good.I think the danger zone passed when you purchased the dat and started your care....most dats seem to love shrimp,I think it is a natural prey item in the wild.

NixMix

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Sep 1, 2010
South Carolina
Sounds good.I think the danger zone passed when you purchased the dat and started your care....most dats seem to love shrimp,I think it is a natural prey item in the wild.

I would certainly agree. He seems to be a lot happier and more interactive since I've taken charge. He's already eating out of my hands, in fact, he only eats from my hands. Lol I prefer it that way!

NixMix

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Sep 1, 2010
South Carolina
Here's an update on the little dude.

He's eating very well nowadays! He only likes the shrimp if I handfeed it! I love it! He had a nice sized bulge in his tummy last night.

IMAG1202.jpg

IMAG1215.jpg

IMAG1216.jpg

IMAG1217.jpg

IMAG1202.jpg

IMAG1215.jpg

IMAG1216.jpg

IMAG1217.jpg

krichardson

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Jun 19, 2006
Datnoid Island
Still a little angular in the jaw area but it looks nice otherwise.

NixMix

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Sep 1, 2010
South Carolina
Here's an update on my little one. He's getting some nice weight put on him finally! I've been coating the shrimp pieces in pellets so I'm sure he's getting a balanced diet.

IMAG1253.jpg

IMAG1256.jpg

IMAG1260.jpg

IMAG1253.jpg

IMAG1256.jpg

IMAG1260.jpg

Resized.jpg

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store