How To Breed Red Terrors?

FlatFishLeo

Candiru
MFK Member
Apr 29, 2008
USA
So what do you think I should do?
Should I remove the divider every few days or do you have any suggestions?

Sent from my iPhone using MonsterAquariaNetwork app
I'd just watch them and they'll tell you when they're ready. It's quite easy, my 4 year old even can tell when it's time, she'll say look Papi, I see her Nana! That's when it's time. Make sure they are feeding aggressively and putting on weight before you try to breed them. If they're your pets just keep them as pets. Good Luck

FlatFishLeo

Candiru
MFK Member
Apr 29, 2008
USA
Should i keep the divider removed if the male is showing aggression?

That's gonna be up to you bro, your idea of aggression could be courting, my idea of courting could be seen as aggression, it's really up to how you see your fish. I know my pairs like dogs, they each have a different ritual when it comes to spawning. Let's just say Festae are one of those cichlids that are never predictable.

Convict Cichlids

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Nov 22, 2010
NEW YORK
When I keep them together the male will attack the female and go back Into his clay pot. He tends to do this every 20min. I have a group of silver dollars and he doesn't show aggression towards them. I added a convict and he stopped chasing the female until he got tired of it and went back attacking the female.

I understand that my tank is small but the pair are also small and many people tend to breed them this size in a 55g

Also I put up the divider during the night because I don't want to wake up with a dead female.

What should I do to help them pair up?

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store