How to go about feeding a 10.5 inch blind indo?

krichardson

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Jun 19, 2006
Datnoid Island
The dat probably didn't get very much of whatever was offered due to competition from other fish.I second the idea of stuffing the shrimp with a pellet or two....Did the seller happen to mention how the fish lost it's eyes?

that_fish_Guy

Peacock Bass
MFK Member
Jul 29, 2013
CA
The dat probably didn't get very much of whatever was offered due to competition from other fish.I second the idea of stuffing the shrimp with a pellet or two....Did the seller happen to mention how the fish lost it's eyes?
He still has his eyes they are just pure white not cloudy eyes no they are for sure blind eyes lol. He said he bought it from a guy who lived in Oakland CA
(nor cal) and the guy traveled all the way down to his place in so cal near the bay area. Anyway only one eye was blind before the long drive down here and by the time it got here I guess a few days later the other eye went blind. So anyway I guess the guy didn't want it any longer or just didn't want a blind fish anymore so I traded him one of my NTT for the big IT and an NGT. The indo went through another hour drive to my house in a 40 gallon heavily airated bin (I can use an electric aireator for fish transportation because the car has an electrical plug) I used an aireator rated to 60 gallons so he had plenty of oxygen. Anyway he turned jet black in the bin but once I got him home and in the tank he stabled up and has been stable ever since. He is defiantly blind as a bat but I'm thinking either his lateral line has really honed in on movements in the water and his surroundings or he can see at least see shadows or something because he kind of reacts to movement both out and inside of the tank sometimes he dosent though. But if you see his eyes in person there would be no doubt about it the fish is blind.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G870A using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

that_fish_Guy

Peacock Bass
MFK Member
Jul 29, 2013
CA
I think you a pretty gd deal! Is the ngt in gd shape?
Yup the NGT is perfect he is 4.5 inch approximately but I know the indo is 10.5 inch I measured him

krichardson

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Jun 19, 2006
Datnoid Island
Oh I know he still has the eyes,I was just saying he "lost"them as a figure of speech.This fish has been on quite a journey and it looks like it us in good hands and in a good home now.

that_fish_Guy

Peacock Bass
MFK Member
Jul 29, 2013
CA
Oh I know he still has the eyes,I was just saying he "lost"them as a figure of speech.This fish has been on quite a journey and it looks like it us in good hands and in a good home now.
Thanks krich I'm going to do my best to fatten him up, Hopefully with massivore. I know he is needing the most extra care out of all my fish at the moment and I will do my best to provide him with the best care I know how to give to a blind dat. Hope he has many years to come. I wish I knew exactly how old he is. But Mr.Magoo sounds like a fitting name he seems like he'd be old at that size and he can't really see a thing
(Search images of Mr.Magoo and you will know what I mean lol) not sure if he is actually considered "big" but he is the biggest dat I've ever owned.

krichardson

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Jun 19, 2006
Datnoid Island
I know who Mr Magoo is...loved that cartoon when I was a kid.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store