How To Keep A Woman Happy...

Kittiee Katt

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Aug 1, 2015
My House!
For those who don't know, Jeff (my hubby) and I got a great deal on a used 4'x2'x2' tank - $200aud and it's already been drilled for a sump.

If that wasn't awesome enough, when he got back with the 4x2x2 he had a surprise for me... He brought a 6'x1.5'x1' that he picks upon Tuesday, and potentially another 4x2x2!!!!! All for $600aud!!! Most people sell their used 200ltrs for $400 here so we got a wicked bargain!!!

And to top it all off, he asked the guy about a HUGE tank that is currently used as a marine system, the guy wanted a little more for it than we'd like to pay, but said if he can't get rid of it we can have it for $1200!!! Fingers crossed no one has the extra $900 he wants and we get a phone call in the next week or so... But even if we don't, we've still gotten three decent sized tanks for less than the price of a 150ltr brand new!!!

The only problem is that none of them have stands, so he's guna ring around tomorrow and price steel stands for them. If worst comes to worst, he can just buy the steel and take it to his grandparents and weld it himself, but I'd like one pre-made if possible.

Omg I'm so happy that I don't even care that he's misplaced a few of my belongings, 15 minutes ago I wanted to punch him, now I want to hug so tight that his eyes pop out!!! :D :D :D

Kittiee Katt

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Aug 1, 2015
My House!
Awesome, sounds like you'll be set up. I wish my GF was into fish tanks
Get her a little 80ltr guppy tank and watch it blossom from there... Although I'd recommend you doing the maintenance until she's attached to the fish, then sucker her in with "they're your fish, you clean their tank" :D

In the last 24 hours I've gone from "barely a tank" sized tanks to "actually a tank" sized tanks!!! I'm ecstatic right now, bouncing around the house, hugging cats, dancing like a complete nut case... All the good stuff :D

Reactions: Deadliestviper7

Wailua Boy

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Jan 2, 2015
Hawaii
What do you think you put in em?

My other half, she likes the fish and thinks they're pretty and will even do water changes but do think she wouldn't keep one without me. Go figure lol

Kittiee Katt

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Aug 1, 2015
My House!
Pics of 4x2x2, currently sitting in our yard until we can get a stand for it and bring it inside.

IMG_20161113_161413_1CS.jpg
IMG_20161113_162104_109.JPG
YAY!!!!!!! :D :D :D :D

Reactions: tlindsey

Kittiee Katt

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Aug 1, 2015
My House!
What do you think you put in em?

My other half, she likes the fish and thinks they're pretty and will even do water changes but do think she wouldn't keep one without me. Go figure lol
The 4x2x2 pictured above will become the home to my synodontis nigriventris. I'm debating putting my silver dollars in the 6', and I've got no clue what I'll put in the other 4'... Thinking about telling him he can have a small (under 8") cichlid pair for it, but that's still to be discussed. :D

Hendre

Bawitius
Staff member
MFK Member
Jan 14, 2016
South Africa
Well Kittiee Katt Kittiee Katt recommended this thread for me for my GF. I dont think at this point in my life i can even afford those tanks lol

Kittiee Katt

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Aug 1, 2015
My House!
Well Kittiee Katt Kittiee Katt recommended this thread for me for my GF. I dont think at this point in my life i can even afford those tanks lol
Give it a few years and you'll be there, your 15 and in school and you already have more than I had at 21 with a hubby that works full time hahaha

Kittiee Katt

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Aug 1, 2015
My House!
Ummm... I kind of have a problem... The mfk tank calculator shows up funny on my phone and my math is terrible...

How much water will the 6'x1.5'x1' hold? Because my math is telling me that it only holds like 300ltrsish... I'm doing the math wrong, right? Because it couldn't hold less than my 5'... Could it?

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store