How To Keep A Woman Happy...

joe jaskot

Dovii
MFK Member
Sep 16, 2011
Clifton, NJ
Ummm... I kind of have a problem... The mfk tank calculator shows up funny on my phone and my math is terrible...

How much water will the 6'x1.5'x1' hold? Because my math is telling me that it only holds like 300ltrsish... I'm doing the math wrong, right? Because it couldn't hold less than my 5'... Could it?
It won't hold any water. It has a hole drilled in it. LOL! 67.32 gallons = 254.85 liters

Kittiee Katt

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Aug 1, 2015
My House!
It won't hold any water. It has a hole drilled in it. LOL! 67.32 gallons = 254.85 liters
O...kay? Thanks for the volume, but what the hell was the hole bit about? Lol

skjl47

Probation Member
Probation Member
MFK Member
May 16, 2011
Tennessee
If worst comes to worst, he can just buy the steel and take it to his grandparents and weld it himself, but I'd like one pre-made if possible.
Hello; Congrats on the tanks and the "hubby". I also applaud the use of steel stands. That he can weld is also of merit. I got a mig welder a few years back and hope to put together a stand for my 55 gallon if I ever get this house fixed up.

Reactions: Deadliestviper7

convict360

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Dec 9, 2013
Scotland
The 6ft tank sounds awesome, long low tanks are a personal favourite of mine; they are very, very flexible on stocking due to the footprint. Wouldn't do large cichlids, but you'd get away with an awesome community, or large shoal etc

Hendre

Bawitius
Staff member
MFK Member
Jan 14, 2016
South Africa
The 6ft tank sounds awesome, long low tanks are a personal favourite of mine; they are very, very flexible on stocking due to the footprint. Wouldn't do large cichlids, but you'd get away with an awesome community, or large shoal etc
Big tank for small fish. joey02 joey02 made an acrylic tank like that for tanganiyika shell dwellers. super cool and busy tank

Kittiee Katt

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Aug 1, 2015
My House!
I though the tank was drilled.
Oh haha yep. It was past bed time last night when I wrote that... I get ya now. :D

I'm thinking about asking (begging!) Jeff if we can put Miles in it with the minnows, kuhllis and the little cae thing we have... I don't think he'll like the idea but it can't hurt to try... Plus, I'm sure Miles would LOVE the space :D
Big tank for small fish.

joey02 joey02 made an acrylic tank like that for tanganiyika shell dwellers. super cool and busy tank
Shell dwellers would be cool, but I'm not allowed to buy more fish and my pH from the tap is 7ish so probably not the best idea anyway... :(

Hello; Congrats on the tanks and the "hubby". I also applaud the use of steel stands. That he can weld is also of merit. I got a mig welder a few years back and hope to put together a stand for my 55 gallon if I ever get this house fixed up.
Thanks. :) he's a jack of all trades - master of none lol

convict360

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Dec 9, 2013
Scotland
Oh haha yep. It was past bed time last night when I wrote that... I get ya now. :D

I'm thinking about asking (begging!) Jeff if we can put Miles in it with the minnows, kuhllis and the little cae thing we have... I don't think he'll like the idea but it can't hurt to try... Plus, I'm sure Miles would LOVE the space :D
Shell dwellers would be cool, but I'm not allowed to buy more fish and my pH from the tap is 7ish so probably not the best idea anyway... :(

Thanks. :) he's a jack of all trades - master of none lol
Could always try shrimp :p

Kittiee Katt

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Aug 1, 2015
My House!

Yohanon

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Oct 11, 2016
Tennessee
Ummm... I kind of have a problem... The mfk tank calculator shows up funny on my phone and my math is terrible...

How much water will the 6'x1.5'x1' hold? Because my math is telling me that it only holds like 300ltrsish... I'm doing the math wrong, right? Because it couldn't hold less than my 5'... Could it?
67.32 gallons. (length x width x height (in feet) x 7.48 (7.48 gallons per cubic foot)

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store