how to make tanks crystal clear?

Lonewolfblue

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Sep 19, 2005
Wenatchee, WA
www.nw-wolf.com
How long has the tank been set up? Many times, if it's a new tank, it may look cloudy due to bacteria blooms, but will go away after a short period. To help us better, how long has the tank been set up and how big is it? What type of filter? How much lighting? Live plants or not? What kind of substrate? Water parameters? Temp? How many fish?

hayden

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Mar 24, 2007
nc
Lonewolfblue;1008389; said:
How long has the tank been set up? Many times, if it's a new tank, it may look cloudy due to bacteria blooms, but will go away after a short period. To help us better, how long has the tank been set up and how big is it? What type of filter? How much lighting? Live plants or not? What kind of substrate? Water parameters? Temp? How many fish?
yea every thing he said,
how often do you do water changes?

gar b3ar

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
May 12, 2007
Fresh Meadows
I have about 8 fishes in there and 5 snails. no live plants, the tanks been setup for about 3 months now. i have an emperor 400 bio wheel filter( got it in the past week) I do water changes once a week about a little less then 25% and a 50% once a month.

rdefino

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Apr 12, 2007
mass.
I put an oceanclear 325 filter with charcoal, and my tank looks like the fish are floating on air. Crystal clear.

Dr Joe

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Mar 8, 2006
Sixty Miles South of Tampa Florida
gar b3ar;1008487; said:
I have about 8 fishes in there and 5 snails. no live plants, the tanks been setup for about 3 months now. i have an emperor 400 bio wheel filter( got it in the past week) I do water changes once a week about a little less then 25% and a 50% once a month.
Hi gar b3ar,

Did this problem start just since you put the new filter on?

Did you add the emperor 400 bio wheel filter or replace the old one with (what was the old filter?)/

Did you seed the emporer?

Dr Joe

gar b3ar

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
May 12, 2007
Fresh Meadows
the old filter is an aquaclear filter. i still have it running with the old 1. should i get carbon for my new filter??

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store