how to make tanks crystal clear?

Lonewolfblue

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Sep 19, 2005
Wenatchee, WA
www.nw-wolf.com
If you replaced the filter with the Emperor 400, then the cloudyness is just from a bacteria bloom. Nothing to worry about, just keep an eye on your water parameters to make sure you don't have any problems. Once the filter becomes established, the water should clear up. I'd also up your water changes to 30% weekly minimum. I do 50% weekly, and occasionally 75%-80%.

Lonewolfblue

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Sep 19, 2005
Wenatchee, WA
www.nw-wolf.com
gar b3ar;1008535; said:
i had it before i got the new filter. ever since i got it connected water got a little clearer
Try adding some carbon. It will probably help. As well as upping the PWC amounts.

Lonewolfblue

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Sep 19, 2005
Wenatchee, WA
www.nw-wolf.com

dmopar74

Peacock Bass
MFK Member
Mar 24, 2006
Tri cities washington
i tried every trick in the book to keep my tank clear, it was always cloudy. try feeding less, i used to feed twice a day and had a cloudy tank and fish that never really cared when i threw food in. now i feed once a day and my fish seem more active and i have crystal clear water.

Lonewolfblue

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Sep 19, 2005
Wenatchee, WA
www.nw-wolf.com
dmopar74;1008548; said:
i tried every trick in the book to keep my tank clear, it was always cloudy. try feeding less, i used to feed twice a day and had a cloudy tank and fish that never really cared when i threw food in. now i feed once a day and my fish seem more active and i have crystal clear water.
Agreed, I only feed once a day myself, as well as an occasional treat if I have friends over and want to show them how they react to food, lol. But for the most part, I only feed once a day, in the morning, and all my tanks are crystal clear.

Davey64

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Oct 2, 2006
Socal
what size AC is it , 1 AC110 should be sufficent with 1 sponge 1 carbon and 1 biomax , feeding once as day , for just a 55 Ga. just my .02 :)

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store