how to move an arowana

festaedan

Piranha
MFK Member
Jul 25, 2013
Maryland
When I moved my silver aro (12" at the time) to his growout I just rapped him in a damp towel. He squirmed allot and almost fell but I was just carrying him from my room to the basement. If I had to move him any farther he defenitely would've found a way to hurt himself.

DDK

Plecostomus
MFK Member
May 25, 2013
us
I used a huge heavy duty clear trash bag. Very simple and they seem to enjoy the walk around my house to their new tank haha.

dudefish82

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Apr 11, 2013
?
okay guys tomorrow he will be moved hope for the best guys a 16 inch aro is definitely not happy about living in a 55 gallon what do you think guys hope my tsn wont try to eat him when i put him in the pond

DDK

Plecostomus
MFK Member
May 25, 2013
us
okay guys tomorrow he will be moved hope for the best guys a 16 inch aro is definitely not happy about living in a 55 gallon what do you think guys hope my tsn wont try to eat him when i put him in the pond
Im sure he wont try to attack you. Silvers are too skittish so have no fear!

noelsfishland

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Jun 2, 2013
In My Aquarium
Get a large plastic bag from your local fish store that they ship the fish in . when you catch the fish in the bag by letting it swim into the bag then before you lift the bag out of tank let some of the water escape so the bag is not to heavy,then put it in a cooler and fill it with a siphon till the fish is covered with about four inches of water. Make sure that you do not make the bag to tight or the fish can break threw the bag. It is also a good Idea to lower your tang water to 50 percent and also purge your fish for two days before you plan on moving it,its a good idea to purge your fish two days before your ready to move it,that way the water will not get fowled by fish waste and there will be more oxygen in the bag.and make sure the bag is as long or longer than the fish so he does not jump and break his back,if you cant get the bags from the fish store then buy heavy duty contractors bags. when you get to the pond were you are going to keep him, put the cooler on a table a siphon of the water of till the fish is just covered and start adding pond water till you think he is the water has more than doubled then use you siphon to take three quarters of the water out of bag lift it out of cooler and put in pond and let it fill with water the open bag and let him swim out.Good luck and make sure you keep rubber bands on at all times,except when you go to let him out of bag

Evz jardini

Jardini
MFK Member
May 19, 2010
manchester /uk
How did you get on dude ? Is he ok and in pond ? What technique did you use ?

Arowana718

Piranha
MFK Member
Nov 10, 2010
nyc
I had an aro that was very skittish. I try bagging him inside the tank, he went inside the bag and went crazy. His whole tail fin ripped off along w/ half of the bottom fin. It was a nightmare. It was easier for me to just net him and dump him real quick

When i had to move to a new place, i medicated his ass w/ clove oil so he can be calm amd it works

Sent from my iPhone using MonsterAquariaNetwork app

kelman

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Jul 14, 2009
New York, NY
I recommend using a rectangular plastic bin and a black garbage
First lay the bin out and put the garbage bag into the bin
fill the bag with water from your tank until it reach to a level for 1 or 2 person to carry
use a big enough net and place the fish in the bag
close the bag with some air remaining inside
cover the bin and ready for transport

Charney

The Fish Doctor
Staff member
MFK Member
Nov 15, 2005
Somerville NJ
I once used a heavy duty garbage bag a long time a go. Scared the fish into the bag and pulled him out of the tank. ten seconds later he w as on the floor. He busted right through. He was about two feet .

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store