PHEW.....THAT'S BETTER....!

gigas new tank (2).jpg

Zoodiver

As seen on TV
MFK Member
Aug 22, 2005
South FL
John,
I'm happy to see this thread finally! Good job on the move. Looks like it wall went very smooth. I know the feeling of waiting for fish to recover from MS222 oh too well.
Love the pictures and a well written summary of the event. Congrats! :clap

To everyone else,
Sedating obligate air breathers (especially arapaima) is an art that not many professional aquarists will tackle. The words and pictures here can't begin to describe how much prep and care went in to such a task. This is huge for a hobbiest to accomplish.

johnptc

Feeder Fish
Apr 6, 2005
los angeles
www.fishtankwebcam.com
thought it was all over.......

dont forget gigas breathe air....not thru their gills !!!! so this slows the whole thing up !!!:arapaimag :arapaimag :arapaimag :arapaimag :arapaimag :arapaimag :arapaimag :arapaimag :arapaimag :arapaimag :turtle:

neoprodigy;623786; said:
great article John... did your heart drop on the floor when you thought Sam was dead? :) the fastest way to revived a MS-222 fish is put the a power head in mouth with air buble and water run through the gill... :)

johnptc

Feeder Fish
Apr 6, 2005
los angeles
www.fishtankwebcam.com
not only the heavy scales..gigas breathe air so there is minimal adsorbtion thru the gills.......!!!:arapaimag :arapaimag :arapaimag :arapaimag :arapaimag :arapaimag :arapaimag :arapaimag :arapaimag :arapaimag :turtle:

ewurm;623835; said:
Amazing work. Scientists and doctors do not consider moving a 60" fish when developing meds, which made your move all the more difficult. I theorize that the scales protecting the skin broadly inhibited absorption of the mediaction, which is why the dosage had to be much higher than expected. I am not a doctor, veterinarian, or biologist, and hindsight is much more effective than foresight. I applaud your effort, and congradulate you on a successful project. When we move our fish, even as Monster Keepers, a large net and a plan is usually all that is in order. Great job.

Status
Not open for further replies.
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store