How's Everyone Spending Their Tax Return?

jcardona1

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jun 5, 2007
South of Heaven
Do you guys reallly receive a return worth considering?

I only satr working for me around august september. All counted, firts eight or nine months of a year go for taxes 100%%.

and this with six children. Last year i received less than 100 dollars back...
Many factors go into it, how much you made, how much Federal tax you paid etc. Biggest impact is having kids. The Child Tax Credit and Earned Income Credit can get you thousands back. A single parent making about $20k a year with 2 kids can get a $5-7k refund.

Dan F

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Dec 10, 2007
Oregon
We are going to Mexico in March, so we will probably save most of it for that. If there is enough extra I might buy an iPad.

The truth is that when we get a tax return it just means that we gave the government an interest-free loan.... If you pay too much taxes over the course of a year you get a refund, if you don't pay enough you owe taxes. My wife's work messed up a few years ago and didn't take enough out of her checks and we ended up owing a bunch of Federal tax - luckily we got enough back from the state so we ended up owing less than $100 overall.

SumoNinja

Polypterus
MFK Member
Jun 9, 2007
I'm Where I'm At
about 90% of mine's going in the bank for emergencies only, like it does every year. 10% will be on treating myself and the family to stuff.

ecoli73

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Dec 15, 2010
Sunnyvale, CA
We are going to Mexico in March, so we will probably save most of it for that. If there is enough extra I might buy an iPad.

The truth is that when we get a tax return it just means that we gave the government an interest-free loan.... If you pay too much taxes over the course of a year you get a refund, if you don't pay enough you owe taxes. My wife's work messed up a few years ago and didn't take enough out of her checks and we ended up owing a bunch of Federal tax - luckily we got enough back from the state so we ended up owing less than $100 overall.
Yes that is truth...but it does help with the $5000 real estate tax every six month. My fsa refund of 5k takes care of the other payment...just juggling with cash flow :) I feel like a money laundry operation; take money from my company and pay it to my bank and the government.

guanl23

Gambusia
MFK Member
Mar 26, 2008
Ohio
Getting my first tattoo or getting car parts!
Or paying school...

SumoNinja

Polypterus
MFK Member
Jun 9, 2007
I'm Where I'm At
I made sure my property tax is included into the monthly mortgage. rather not have to come up with a few grand every six months

heatherbeast

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Jan 3, 2009
Atlanta, GA
heatherbeast.deviantart.com
Sumo really is with Stupid! My property taxes are also rolled up into my mortgage escrow account.

I will be getting a fair bit back this year, but I think most of it is already spoken for, haha. Cosmetic repairs to the car, garage door replacement (not related, LOL), credit card payments, and MAYBE after all that some wedding planning and fish!

pwmin

Peacock Bass
MFK Member
Nov 26, 2007
CO via PA
www.myspace.com
Most will go to pay off a credit card and I hope I have enough left to put some money into savings and finish setting up my enclosure and get a snake. Might get a smaller supercharger pulley too. Wish I had enough to get a .17 and a. 22 mag revolver and some cichla.

Sent from my SCH-M828C using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

F1 VET

THE serrasalmus rhom
MFK Member
Nov 3, 2011
INDY
My gf is moving in my house so I will use it to get it in shape and less of a man cave, dishes, kitchen table etc lol.

Yes I sound like a ***** but behind every good man is a fantastic women! And I do plan on calling her my wife. F1 is all grown up.... Almost

Go S.Vettel #1 RB8 3X WDC!!!!!!!!!

Well, I just learned something useful on this site...there's a first! KAKAAAAW! ON IT.
>http://www.monsterfishkeepers.com/forums/showthread.php?504763-Cheap-plants-less-nitrate!-POTHOS

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store