HURRY AND HELP!!! OH MY GOD WTF IS WRONG!!!!

408smokin

Gambusia
MFK Member
Mar 14, 2008
At home
i got that before, add melafix for about few days and do 50% water change on the third day.. That what i did and my gar was back to normal after that..

Lepisosteus platyrhincus

Polypterus
MFK Member
Nov 9, 2008
In the caiman den
they are doing better. giving them plenty of food.
bigger looks worse but little guys look better.

OH10fiero

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Oct 2, 2006
Ohio
I would not feed them untill they recover, it is more than likely that the feeders is what caused the problem, and do not wory they can go a loooooooooooooooooooong time without eating before you have to worry (mine went 7 months when I was trying to get mine to stop eating live feeders, they are still alive and kicking with zero health problems).
When they do recover and since you have not feed them, I would work on geting them to eat prepared foods like pellets or frozen fish from the grocery store, much cheaper in the long run as well. There are a few threads posted here as how to get Gars eating foods other than live, but the biggest issue is feeders, unless raised by you, are not a good idea, not to mention they can not compare to pellet foods for nutrition.

Conner

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Dec 27, 2008
Kentucky
OH10fiero;3204295; said:
(mine went 7 months when I was trying to get mine to stop eating live feeders, they are still alive and kicking with zero health problems).
They didn't eat a single thing for 7 months !?!?!?!:eek:

Lepisosteus platyrhincus

Polypterus
MFK Member
Nov 9, 2008
In the caiman den
OH10fiero;3204295; said:
I would not feed them untill they recover, it is more than likely that the feeders is what caused the problem, and do not wory they can go a loooooooooooooooooooong time without eating before you have to worry (mine went 7 months when I was trying to get mine to stop eating live feeders, they are still alive and kicking with zero health problems).
When they do recover and since you have not feed them, I would work on geting them to eat prepared foods like pellets or frozen fish from the grocery store, much cheaper in the long run as well. There are a few threads posted here as how to get Gars eating foods other than live, but the biggest issue is feeders, unless raised by you, are not a good idea, not to mention they can not compare to pellet foods for nutrition.
I feed live. end of story. if they will take other stuff then i will give them but they are gonna continue to get live.
I severly doubt u didnt feed u gars for 7 months. and if u did then u need to hand over ur gars to those of us who can obviously care for them better. i.e. those of us(me included) who are some what experienced gar keepers that properly feed them.
look, i feed live. many do and many do not. they were properly QT so im not sure what happened.

Red Devil

Nice to meet you and welcome to MFK
Staff member
MFK Member
Feb 23, 2006
United states of America
best of luck getting them better..

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store